Local Server not showing in list

Oilman100

When I create a local server (not dedicated) and add the mission, I can enter the mission but my squadron members can’t see the server in the list, I have tried countless times with the same result. If they start their local servers, it pops up immediately and we can join, very frustrating. Any ideas welcome

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

in order you need:

• public ip address, from your ISP
  • firewall on your computer
  • port forwarding on your router

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I have public IP and use windows firewall, not sure how to setup port forwarding on my router

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

36 minutes ago, Oilman100 said:

I have public IP and use windows firewall, not sure how to setup port forwarding on my router

It depends on your router brand and/or custom ISP firmware on it.
Basically you need to tall to your router that inbound traffic for TCP/UDP port of DCS, need to go to the local ip address of your computer.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

7 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

Well, better get the manual then. Only way to do this unless you have tech savvy buddies. But I highly recommend to do it yourself for the learning experience. Not sure if DCS supports UpNP, but if it does it might save you some work. But I still think you're better off just learning how router/networks work. It's not rocket science. 😊 

47 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, better get the manual then. Only way to do this unless you have tech savvy buddies. But I highly recommend to do it yourself for the learning experience. Not sure if DCS supports UpNP, but if it does it might save you some work. But I still think you're better off just learning how router/networks work. It's not rocket science. 😊 

DCS supports UPnP, but actually is one of the first features to be turned off for security reason.

• Like 1

So what I have as a setup, my router has been set to modem mode and a TP-link Deco mesh system is connected to the modem. Went into online modem page and set up port forwarding using the wlan from Deco, then on Deco set up port forwarding for the pc ip . Using port checker it still says 10308 is closed. 

With a little bit more tweaking  I got it to work last night, many thx for all input