[Solved] FW-190 doesn't pull up after bomb drop

Lynnux
Go to solution Solved by Lynnux,

Approach @3.5km

Dive on target, throttle back when entering dive.

Dive angle like 30° to max. 40°, plane wasn't too fast for sure.

Drop bomb, plane begins to pitch down after bomb released (known behaviour but that's not the issue here).

Plane never pulls up when pulling on stick, still pitches down with the same pitch rate as after bomb release.

Happened once before that I've lost my tail when pulling up in a dive (also looked bugged) but I think this didn't happen here since the pitch rate didn't change.

Edited by Lynnux

If the airplane isn't too fast, then why does it pitch down? If you do not command a pitch down, then that's usually the indication that you are too fast.

Or perhaps you trimmed it by accident?

Either way, hard to tell what you do wrong with a bare description. Attach a video/track maybe? But on a first glance it does look like you are too fast.

Edited by razo+r

Sorry, please read. It's a known behaviour of the 190 that the trimming changes to nose down after releasing the bomb since the bomb seems to be (far) rear of the center of gravity in case of the 190A in DCS => pitch down. You have to trim like 4 notches up after bomb release.

This is about elevator not reacting anymore.

Edited by Lynnux
rear of center of gravity, not front

Wow, it's something totally different !

In TacView the 190 disappeared the moment the bomb was released ! => Some kind of desync. Just been on a MP server but didn't lose connection.

In game, I've still been sittng in the plane but obviously unable to do anything. Now I know why !

Anyways, never heard controls in the 190 becoming inefficient / not working anymore in a dive. In a 109 that might happen at a certain trim setting and the P-38 elevators didn't get enough airflow at higher speeds but the 190... more like disintegrating.

Edited by Lynnux

• Lynnux changed the title to [Solved] FW-190 doesn't pull up after bomb drop