I (dont) love the sound of breaking glass

Boosterdog

The xmas/new year lights are something of a tradition now. Please though can consideration be given not having them reload every page or having some optional "mute" button? The almost constant sound of breaking glass cause by mice flicking over the bulbs is quite jarring.

Anyhow - heres Nick Lowe and the best example I know of a Bass player saving a terrible song...

Thanks

A Bah Humbug and Merry Christmas to all. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 3

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On the old forum there was a way to turn them off altogether. I'm still trying to find it here...

6 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

or having some optional "mute" button?

Right click your browser tab and select "mute site".

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
  • Thanks 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Thank you! 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• ED Team

Hi,

go to the bottom of the forum page and look for themes 

you can select the theme without xmas lights

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks

I'm not seeing it.

Is this something that I'll have to turn off all my adblocking to reach? 😩

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

37 minutes ago, Tippis said:

I'm not seeing it.

Is this something that I'll have to turn off all my adblocking to reach? 😩

I can see it just fine, and I'm using adblockers as well.

They seem to only recently have enabled it though: I looked for it earlier today and it wasn't there.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

7 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I can see it just fine, and I'm using adblockers as well.

Where? Even with everything off, searching for themes yields nothing.

e: Huh… it shows up when not logged in, but disappears when logged in and when it can be saved.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks

That did it - Bah Humbug! 😀

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

6 minutes ago, Tippis said:

but disappears when logged in

That's odd, since it's the same location it's always been at, even on the old forum (you could also go to "User CP" back then):

image.png

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

That's odd, since it's the same location it's always been at, even on the old forum (you could also go to "User CP" back then):

image.png

Yeah. It's just not showing when logged in.

If I break out the DOM navigation tools,. I can find it and even fiddle with it to make the selection menu appear, but the “Themes” dropdown link and text node is just outright missing. Note how “Language”, “Privacy Policy”, and “Contact us” all have proper links and everything in the node tree, but no “Themes” — that list item just contains the menu, and since the link to make it pop up doesn't exist, it doesn't show and can't be brought up to work properly.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 22.44.47.png

But again, this is only if logged in — when I log out, it shows up just fine. So… “odd” is quite right. 😄 

• ED Team
9 hours ago, Tippis said:

Yeah. It's just not showing when logged in.

If I break out the DOM navigation tools,. I can find it and even fiddle with it to make the selection menu appear, but the “Themes” dropdown link and text node is just outright missing. Note how “Language”, “Privacy Policy”, and “Contact us” all have proper links and everything in the node tree, but no “Themes” — that list item just contains the menu, and since the link to make it pop up doesn't exist, it doesn't show and can't be brought up to work properly.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 22.44.47.png

But again, this is only if logged in — when I log out, it shows up just fine. So… “odd” is quite right. 😄 

You have to disable auto night mode: https://forums.eagle.ru/index.php?app=cjnm&module=settings&controller=settings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

Seriously?

I got a hangnail the other day.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 12:03 AM, const said:

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)