How do you use F18 to perform SEAD tasks?

FrostLaufeyson

2021/12/22 AM12点32分,Coole28说:

In SP mode you can actually tell the HARM which radar source to track.  First step is to put EW information on the HUD (On the EW page, click the button next to “HUD”).  You should see all of your RWR contacts on your HUD now.  Then, when you have the HARM selected and in SP mode, one of the ground radar sources on your HUD will have a box around it.  That is the radar source your HARM will track when fired.  Pressing the “RAID/FLIR FOV” key binding will cycle your target amongst the viable sources (it will only target ground/sea based radar emitters).  You don’t need to lock the target like in TOO mode; whatever contact is boxed will be what the HARM tracks.  With practice, you can pickle off all your HARMs against different targets in a matter of seconds using SP mode.  

You might want to watch a video guide if my explanation isn’t sufficient.  Look up on youtube “DCS F-18 HARM SP mode”, I believe Grim Reapers has a pretty good tutorial on it.

I found a problem during tonight's exercise. In SP mode, the box on the EW interface/HUD interface will jump back and forth between several radiation sources, making it difficult for me to choose the radiation source I want. I guess this may be the reason for the RWR refresh mechanism. But in general, it can still kill the tracking radar.

I started to leap at about 12 nautical miles. Forcing the tracking radar to shine on me, then I quickly fired four missiles and left. The SA-10 tracking radar will be destroyed by me in a while. Simple and effective.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, FrostLaufeyson said:

I found a problem during tonight's exercise. In SP mode, the box on the EW interface/HUD interface will jump back and forth between several radiation sources, making it difficult for me to choose the radiation source I want. I guess this may be the reason for the RWR refresh mechanism. But in general, it can still kill the tracking radar.

Long time ago that I used HARM. Just started flying F18 again. What I remember is:

Isn't the SP mode choosing the radar source of highest threat?

It is not intended that the operator chooses the target. This is TOO.

Maybe it was switching because the situation was not clear for the system?

5 hours ago, Ingo Kognito said:

Isn't the SP mode choosing the radar source of highest threat?

It is not intended that the operator chooses the target. This is TOO.

You can manually select the SP target with the RAID/FLIR FOV button.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/