Addition of M10 tubes to the D-30(early) and D-30

Wiggy

@NineLine

Request for the addition of the M10 tubes to the D-30(early) and D-30. 

Link here: 42-28382 | American Air Museum in Britain to a 56th Fighter Group (ETO) aircraft in August 1944 with them mounted. This is a D-26-RA, as stated, produced way before the D-28-RE, which is our D30(early).

Also out of curiosity, why is it named a D-30(early) when it's a D-28-RE? Weird.

Have also attached another image from the Osprey '56th Fighter Group' book of the same aircraft, stating the date.

IMG_4763.jpg

Production serial numbers also stated here, also proving the aircraft a D-26-RA: P-47 Thunderbolt variations and production (368thfightergroup.com) (at the bottom of the page)

Below another image of a 56th Fighter Group aircraft in August 1944, this time a D-25-RE with the tubes mounted. From the book  'Zemke's Wolfpack'.

IMG_4764.jpg

Anyway, if the tubes were being fitted to these aircraft in August '44 before the D-30-RE was even on the production line, I believe they shouldn't be limited to only the D-40. In our historical server, having to jump in a D-40 which only served in the Pacific in order to use these rockets over France, just isn't cool!:)

Thanks,

Wiggy

Edited by Wiggy
  • Like 2

Agreed. I never really understood EDs stance on the bazooka tubes being only available on the D-40 when there is a ton of photo and written evidence that they should be available on the D-30 and D-30 early.

Same with the naming its a D-28 simples

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

I thought the ETO USAAF experimented with RPs but for various reasons preferred bombs, the RAF was the opposite, the RAF loved RPs.

Hi Mogster,

Yes the M10’s weren’t popular but still, irrelevant to the point of OP. 

Wiggy

• Like 1

Yes!  The bazooka tubes should be available on all P-47 sub-variants, with only the -40 getting the HVARs.

Also, both rocket types should have the ability to be jettisoned.

I also agree with renaming the "D-30 Early" to the "D-28"  I never did like "early" added to it because it's too subjective... how early is early and how late is late? -28, -30, -40 is much easier and cleaner in the drop down menu.

Edited by Barrett_g
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Anyone know if this is being worked on yet?  I've seen multiple images of razorback P-47's carrying the M-8 rockets so I'm a bit confused why they weren't included on the D-30 model in the first place.

Ground_crew_loading_rockets_on_P-47_Thunderbolt.jpg

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula