Vapor effects at altitude

JACN

Hi, 

I have noticed that all aircraft vapor visual effects on wings, lex, etc.. remain constant in intensity disregard the altitude. 

As the effect physics is dependant on atmosphere humidity (amongst others) and atmos humidity strongly decays with altitude, I think some attenuation with altitude should be applied.

Actually, I'm not sure if any vapor should be seen while manoeuvering at very high altitude (i.e. 30,000ft) and in a clean day. Now the visuals are the same as at 0ft on sea. 

As example of it, there are several high altitude spin tests. The only vapor seen there is from the engines contrails: 

Cheers, 

A. 

Edited by JACN

Fairly sure this is slated to be corrected when the new weather system is implemented (note, the new clouds don't constitute the new weather system).

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I really hope so.

Seeing the nice and realistic vapor effects of the F-16 being displayed when manoeuvering at 35,000ft over a desert scenery is killing all the realism inmersion achieved with them at lower altitudes.