Assign greyed out buttons (Boat switch Aft/Center, Boat switch Forward/Center)

Long story short i put an arduino in my right throttle handle of the TM Warthog for an better slew stick and want to assign Boat Switch Forward / Center and Boat Switch Aft / Center but its greyed out because its not the original Warthog Throttle anymore. I tried to copy'n'paste the settings over in the config files but sadly that doesnt work and leaves the assignments empty.

Is there any other way to get this to work or do i now have to live with BHOT/WHOT only?

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

You will have to copy the LUA code lines for the Warthog Throttle commands from "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" and paste into "default.lua".
Both files under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Input\A-10C_2\joystick".
Don't use a word processing program for this. Notepad++ is fine.

Make sure you copy complete lines including curly brackets and the commas at the enf of lines! If you miss any of those the file will no longer work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thank you very much!

I cant come up with a reason why this shouldn't be in there by default.

Edited by Soundwave197

okay, for some reason adding those lines OR replacing two "Boat Switch..." lines makes some buttons unusable inclusing weapon release. I can still assign them but they wont do anything and they have a red exclamation mark in the options.

Do i also have to increase a number for assignable buttons or something funny like that?

I added the file below but since the new buttons itself are working and i changed nothing else idk what could be wrong

default.lua

29 minutes ago, Soundwave197 said:

Do i also have to increase a number for assignable buttons or something funny like that?

No.

But as far as I see you have added the 2 lines of code twice: In lines 235 & 236, plus in lines 1015 & 1016. You must not duplicate lines of code!
I recommend you delete the ones in lines 235 & 236. Also, enter a comment in line 1014 like "-- Lines added by myself"
The "--" at the start of the line makes this a comment which is ignored by the software but helps you to find your additions.
You will probably also want to add the missing lines for the Pnky Switch. And more...

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have no idea why the lines are double. i deleted default.lua and repaired the game and added aft/center forward/center below the regular boat lines.

Also i dont need the pinky since its on the left throttle handle which is still controlled by the original TM Warthog device.

i deleted a bunch of config files and somehow got it to work now