Am I inviting trouble trying to run both the VP2 & G2 on the same machine?

markturner1960

Hi, Currently on my sim rig, for VR, I am using a VivePro2, performance is good/OK in DCS, but really crap in MSFS2020, which I would really like to be able to use in VR as well. I am using the G2 for VR racing on my car sim rig currently.

However, I am considering also trying to use the G2 on the flightsim rig in MSFS2020. Am I likely to experience any issues with WMR conflicting with anything can anyone advise? Anything I should look out for or avoid when setting everything up? 

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I was running an Oculus CV1 for games that used hand controllers, and a G1 for sims like DCS for a while and never had any issues with the two fighting with each other.  WMR only activates when you plug a WMR headset into your machine, so you should be fine running two different HMDs on the same rig.  Not sure about how the Vive software runs on the VP2 though, so I don't know if it will try to run automatically.  The Oculus software did that, but it was pretty easy to change that.  Just had to switch that software to "Run as administrator" to get it to give me a prompt asking if I wanted to allow it to run.  Might be the same with the VP2, or it may not even be as complicated as that.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

OK, thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Whilst I am having some issues with my Vive Pro 2 and Windows 11, previously when I was on Windows 10 I had no problem having both Reverb G2 and Vive Pro 2 installed. I just made sure one was disconnected from power before using the other one. Mine are plugged into a USB 3 Hub with individual on/off switches so I used that to turn one off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|