[SP/Coop PVE] Foothold - Persistent Dynamic Sandbox

Foothold is a persistent dynamic sandbox mission, where your goal is to capture all zones on the map.

As you capture some areas, you will unlock benefits for your coalition such as an AWACS, friendly air patrols, or new spawn positions.

Features:

• Capturable and reinforceable zones, some of which provide various benefits for their coalition.
  • New spawn points unlocked as you capture various zones like FARPs and Airfields.
  • Capture and resupply zones by either protecting friendly AI supply helicopters or delivering cargo yourself by sling loading.
  • AI aircraft deployed based on the state of the battlefield, launching patrols over friendly zones, attacks on enemy zones, as well as capture and resupply missions.
  • The ability to call in various support options using credits earned by various actions, such as destroying enemy units or capturing and holding specific zones.
  • AI commander that uses earned credits to call in its own support against players.
  • Persistence, enabling play over multiple sessions.

More detailed information available in the mission description, and briefing.

Helpful video by Diesel Thunder that goes over the basics.

Discord server

Download

kS7uvNN.png

Syria now available:

image.jpg

Download

Edited by Dzsekeb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this mission, question, When I bring up the F10 menu to check a zone status, I get information that I simply dont understand. How do i interpret the following please (for example). Thanks,

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Or not,,,,,,,,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I really wanna enjoy this as a single player type campaign, but I'm having a hard time progressing because of the way it doesn't track individual ground unit kills.  Every time I try to play I have to go SAM hunting for an hour before I can even think about trying to get a helo in to capture a zone.  Unfortunately by the time the SAMs are down I'm generally out of time (in my life) to continue, then when I come back of course all the SAMs are back up, so it's a repeat of the situation all over again.  Is there anyway to create persistence similar to the Liberation campaigns that tracks individual units?  Other than that I think its a pretty great mission, I just wish I could get beyond the first couple enemies without having to essentially start all over again each time.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, Fakum said:

Thanks for this mission, question, When I bring up the F10 menu to check a zone status, I get information that I simply dont understand. How do i interpret the following please (for example). Thanks,

image.png

Each zones has a set of upgrades it can spawn. Each one of these is a group. This just shows you how many of those groups are alive in that zone.

CJTF_BLUE gnd 35 is the name of one of those groups, and it's telling you that currently 100% of this groups units are still alive.

The name matches the one on the F10 map if you click on the group.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:31 PM, ricktoberfest said:

I really wanna enjoy this as a single player type campaign, but I'm having a hard time progressing because of the way it doesn't track individual ground unit kills.  Every time I try to play I have to go SAM hunting for an hour before I can even think about trying to get a helo in to capture a zone.  Unfortunately by the time the SAMs are down I'm generally out of time (in my life) to continue, then when I come back of course all the SAMs are back up, so it's a repeat of the situation all over again.  Is there anyway to create persistence similar to the Liberation campaigns that tracks individual units?  Other than that I think its a pretty great mission, I just wish I could get beyond the first couple enemies without having to essentially start all over again each time.

I am currently testing the tracking of individual units and if all goes well I'll release an update in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dzsekeb said:

Each zones has a set of upgrades it can spawn. Each one of these is a group. This just shows you how many of those groups are alive in that zone.

CJTF_BLUE gnd 35 is the name of one of those groups, and it's telling you that currently 100% of this groups units are still alive.

The name matches the one on the F10 map if you click on the group.

I am currently testing the tracking of individual units and if all goes well I'll release an update in the coming weeks.

That would be awesome!

@Dzsekeb Thanks for the response!

On 1/29/2022 at 2:31 PM, ricktoberfest said:

i thought this was a persistent mission? destroyed units come back? did you edit your missionscripting file?

1 hour ago, solidGad said:

i thought this was a persistent mission? destroyed units come back? did you edit your missionscripting file?

In the current version persistence is only tracked on a group level, so if one unit of the group is still alive, it will not register that group as dead, meaning it will spawn the entire group again once you restart.

Next version should have unit level persistence to fix this issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dzsekeb said:

In the current version persistence is only tracked on a group level, so if one unit of the group is still alive, it will not register that group as dead, meaning it will spawn the entire group again once you restart.

Next version should have unit level persistence to fix this issue.

thanks!

Minor update 1.2.1

- [Hercules mod] You can now capture and resupply zones by airdropping or unloading the "Generic Crate [20000lb]" payload within the zone

- zones that can accept supplies can now be marked with green smoke from the logistics menu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dzsekeb said:

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I am working on a syria version currently, but i plan to make it on a bit larger scale, so its gonna take time to build and test it. 

As i thought about syria, it would totally make sense to make it a bit "larger", because the Map have very much potential! Looking forward to this! Thank you very much. 

This mission is amazing! I'm having a lot of fun with friends and the FPS are really really good

On 2/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, Dzsekeb said:

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I am working on a syria version currently, but i plan to make it on a bit larger scale, so its gonna take time to build and test it. 

That was my only big complain tbh, Caucasus mission feels way too cramped. Take off and most of the modern weapons are already in range.

Not sure if it's possible but is there a way to tell the drone to prioritize SAMs(possibly not the launchers) over Infantry / Tanks? It's kinda tedious to cycle every single BTR / AK guy / launcher to find the last Igla / SA-9. Also, I guess I can just do that locally, change the drone from the MQ-1 to the MQ-9, because eyecandy.

Other than that it's a really quick and fun mission to play! Thank you a lot!

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

On 2/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, Redhotita1 said:

This mission is amazing! I'm having a lot of fun with friends and the FPS are really really good

That was my only big complain tbh, Caucasus mission feels way too cramped. Take off and most of the modern weapons are already in range.

Not sure if it's possible but is there a way to tell the drone to prioritize SAMs(possibly not the launchers) over Infantry / Tanks? It's kinda tedious to cycle every single BTR / AK guy / launcher to find the last Igla / SA-9. Also, I guess I can just do that locally, change the drone from the MQ-1 to the MQ-9, because eyecandy.

Other than that it's a really quick and fun mission to play! Thank you a lot!

Thank you for your suggestion, JTAC priority setting will come in the next version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work on this mission, our community enjoys it a lot!
I want to ask, is it at all possible to add slots for the Gripen mod, specifically the A/G version?  Do you know if it will break anything?

If you don't know of anything specific that will break, our best bet would be to swop out the Su-25 slots with Gripens and just test.

Can't wait for the Syria version!

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

8 minutes ago, BRAVO_16 said:

Great work on this mission, our community enjoys it a lot!
I want to ask, is it at all possible to add slots for the Gripen mod, specifically the A/G version?  Do you know if it will break anything?

If you don't know of anything specific that will break, our best bet would be to swop out the Su-25 slots with Gripens and just test.

Can't wait for the Syria version!

You can drop in any aircraft you'd like, regardless if it is a mod or an official module, and it should work out of the box. The only way slots are tied in to the scripts is the slot restrictions based on the side the zone is on, and that one detects spawns automatically. You don't need any special set up, as long as the slot is inside a zone.

Speaking of mods, in the latest version there's also support for airdropping supplies with the Hercules mod, if you add that in. (only the Generic Crate [20000lb] payload option)

I've also added a search and rescue option for helicopters and I've been having a lot of fun with extracting ejected pilots using the UH-60 mod.

Great! sounds easy enough then to substitute it in there.

But just so that I understand, let me tell you what I want to do, and you can tell me if it will work fine.

I want to swop the A-10C II with the A-10C.  When I do that, do I have to keep the unit name as Anapa A10C2 ?
Is that name important?  If I change it will it break anything?

If I swop in 2 Gripen slots at Anapa, do I have to give them a specific name?
When we take Krymsk, will Gripen slots be available there?

We've been having a lot of fun with the UH-60.  Can I just add four slots at Anapa and will it work for the CSAR missions?

Edited by BRAVO_16

Maintain thy airspeed lest the ground rise up and smite thee!

YiizHx5.gif

9 minutes ago, BRAVO_16 said:

Great! sounds easy enough then to substitute it in there.

But just so that I understand, let me tell you what I want to do, and you can tell me if it will work fine.

I want to swop the A-10C II with the A-10C.  When I do that, do I have to keep the unit name as Anapa A10C2 ?
Is that name important?  If I change it will it break anything?

If I swop in 2 Gripen slots at Anapa, do I have to give them a specific name?
When we take Krymsk, will Gripen slots be available there?

We've been having a lot of fun with the UH-60.  Can I just add four slots at Anapa and will it work for the CSAR missions?

The names dont matter, but i suggest give them names that let you see in which zone they are in, so that players find it easier to understand which slots are unlocked.

If you want gripen slots to be available at krymsk as well, you need to add them there two. So add 2 to anapa and 2 to krymsk, and the scripts will take care of the rest.

For the helicopter slots, you can add them the same way, only limitation is you need to keep them at 1 unit per group, for the scripts to work correctly. CSAR should work for Ka-50, Mi-24P,SA342 (all variants),UH-1H,Mi-8MT,UH-60L, Hercules(side effect of it being defined as logistics in the script)

Edited by Dzsekeb