Marianas Special Use Airspaces Template

MagicSlave

I just uploaded a map drawing template containing published ATC Assigned Airspaces around the Marianas Islands from real world documents. I've used this in my own missions and thought that it could be useful for somebody else also. I use it together with Nealius' real world tanker tracks template

I just wish you could save the drawings as a template... The only way I have found to add these to an existing mission is to manually copy and paste the nav points and drawings lines from the .miz file using Notepad++ which is a bit cumbersome

Edit: oops, the user files upload is still pending approval... Attached the miz file here in the meantime...

Special Use Airspace.png

Marianas Special Use Airspaces.miz

Edited by MagicSlave
Link problem
  • Like 2

Thanks for the upload.

Can you please explain what those assigned airspaces are for (please excuse my ignorance).  Are they for commercial flights only?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

5 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Thanks for the upload.

Can you please explain what those assigned airspaces are for (please excuse my ignorance).  Are they for commercial flights only?

ATCAA 1, ATCAA 2 and ATCAA 3 are used for aerial refuelling tankers (the OP has also included their respective tracks) for RIO, LUXOR and MIRAGE respectively.

If you look at this document (no releasability restrictions), and scroll to page 78 it describes the airspaces, and pages 88-90 describe the tanker tracks (as well as communications, TACAN etc).

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Thanks for the upload.

On the contrary, I think that they are military training areas and their airspace is controlled by the Andersen ATC (see the document that Northstar98 linked, that is the source I used). The primary bombing range of Andersen, R-7201 (Farallon De Medinilla (FDM)) for example, is located in the southern portion of ATCAA 3A. 

• Like 2