MiG-29 and BS3 when???

IcedVenom

3 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Come on guys. Give us something for Upcoming 2022 New Years YouTube video

Maybe its better they finish the stuff they already have released and the one which is currrently in developement? Its not like EDs plates aren't already somewhat overloaded..

• Like 4

6 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

Come on guys. Give us something for Upcoming 2022 New Years YouTube video

They are working on the 2022 and beyond video as we speak. I have a feeling there will be some sneaky peaks then potentially. Who knows. That's my best guess though

People read too much into those 20XX and beyond videos anyway. Most of that is hype, and if that's what you want that's fine. But really, the only thing we should care about is what's said openly and without reservations by the devs (possibly repeatedly) and even that is subject to change. 

• Like 6

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mig-29 is still something that they want to do eventually but haven't got the proper clearance to start, isn't it? Considering the issues with BS3 and the new Russian law, I wouldn't hold my breath that this Mig project ever materializes.

It's still in a 'hope-to' state, something that they want to do, but not confirmed yet.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Mig-29 is still something that they want to do eventually but haven't got the proper clearance to start, isn't it? Considering the issues with BS3 and the new Russian law, I wouldn't hold my breath that this Mig project ever materializes.

Yeah, such were the latest official statements on the MiG-29. Between the lines it sounded to me like they were rather confident that it will work out for them, but that's just my interpretation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

23 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

For BS3, IIRC ED wanted to represent the latest Russian MAWS system President-S which didn't land so well for obvious reasons. It doesn't really compare with basic 9.12 or 9.13 MiG-29s which are no longer in active service with RuAF, nor do they have any confidential systems which are still in use (like e.g. radar, RWR, IFF, etc.).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

There are plenty of non-active, non-flying airframes that are not being made in DCS simply because the powers that be said: NO. It doesn't matter if it's declassified or not, whether it flies or not, if the powers that be say NO, that's not a: maybe, that's not a: we'll let you do it on the sly, that's an: Not Gonna Happen until we say Yes. 

It's as simple as that. If and when Eagle Dynamics get a green light to do a module, that's when it's going to happen. Whether or not they've been given one on the Mig29 is anyone's guess, all they said is that they would like to do one at some point in the future. Before that it was a firm NO. For any of the FC3 modules. We can read whatever the hell we want into this but all of that is pure conjecture and speculation on our part. Until ED comes out and say, hey guys, we're making the Mig29 it's under development, nothing anyone says on any forum is going to have any merit. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Lurker:

There are plenty of non-active, non-flying airframes that are not being made in DCS simply because the powers that be said: NO. It doesn't matter if it's declassified or not, whether it flies or not, if the powers that be say NO, that's not a: maybe, that's not a: we'll let you do it on the sly, that's an: Not Gonna Happen until we say Yes. 

It's as simple as that. If and when Eagle Dynamics get a green light to do a module, that's when it's going to happen. Whether or not they've been given one on the Mig29 is anyone's guess, all they said is that they would like to do one at some point in the future. Before that it was a firm NO. For any of the FC3 modules. We can read whatever the hell we want into this but all of that is pure conjecture and speculation on our part. Until ED comes out and say, hey guys, we're making the Mig29 it's under development, nothing anyone says on any forum is going to have any merit. 

Well, there are some indications that a full fidelity Mig 29 is in developement.

The twin fates of DCS Ka-50 Blackshark 3 and MiG-29 – Stormbirds

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

This is when I wish ED was based in Poland or any place outside Russia. Alot of great airframes we're missing out on such as Su-27, Su-24M, Mig-23MLD, Su-25SM, etc.

• Like 1

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

• 3 weeks later...
21.12.2021 в 15:38, Dudikoff сказал:

It doesn't really compare with basic 9.12 or 9.13 MiG-29s which are no longer in active service with RuAF, nor do they have any confidential systems which are still in use (like e.g. radar, RWR, IFF, etc.).

The MiG-29 is still in the armament of the Russian Aerospace Forces, including even the MiG-29A (9-12). And they have secret systems (for example, guidance and target designation systems - "Azure").

signature_GR(SW).jpg
ВПГ "Стража России" ведёт набор лётчиков на самолёты Су-27 и МиГ-29!

2.PNGVAT "Guard of Russia"

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

png-transparent-discord-computer-servers-teamspeak-discord-icon-video-game-smiley-online-chat-thumbnail (1).pngВПГ "Стража России"

On 12/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, CarbonFox said:

This is when I wish ED was based in Poland or any place outside Russia. Alot of great airframes we're missing out on such as Su-27, Su-24M, Mig-23MLD, Su-25SM, etc.

I dont think that this would give them the oppetunity to make one. There are enough thired party developers outside of russian that cant do anything modern russian too.

My skins

On 12/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, CarbonFox said:

Even if you're not subject to Russian laws, there's still the problem of finding and gaining access to examples and finding information about them in the first place, not to mention SMEs.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:41 AM, Northstar98 said:

Even if you're not subject to Russian laws, there's still the problem of finding and gaining access to examples and finding information about them in the first place, not to mention SMEs.

More tertiary SMEs do actually exist, but it's scarcely replacement for actual manufacturer support.

• Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!