UPCOMMING SERVICE UPDATE WINTER 2021

Low_Level_Heaven_Logo_dunkel_grau.png

Missions by pilots for pilots and ambitious gamers.

We hope this Update will be part of the DCS Beta update in Dezember !   🤔

This winter, we are releasing our second major service update. The purpose is not to fix bugs but to make improvements that allow even inexperienced pilots to complete the missions with a bit of practice successfully.   :smartass:

A significant gap that we fill with this update is the missing patches on the flight combos of the crew and a distinctive skin for the Huey.

We have designed logos and badges that will adorn the upper arms and helmets of the crew and the nose of the Huey after the update. 

Not least for reasons of inversion, all missions will be updated to the current state of the art.

This add-on helps to dive even deeper into the world of the crew and create a unique experience.

Test your skills in missions as close to reality as possible with maximum enjoyment. :juggle:

Always happy landings ;)

Did this make it in to the update? I see it in the changelog, but when I fly the missions there is just the default blank aircraft skin, no wolfpack markings or even german markings for that matter. Also in mission 2 the Humvee i'm supposed to be following gets stuck on some trees.

@andqui

It is in the BETA update:

Check the Folder  C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\UH-1H Worlds Apart Spring 2025\Liveries

Is the Liveries folder there?

If yes, make a koppie of the UH-1H WOLFPACK file in that folder Folder and move to.

C:\Users\MIR\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Uh-1H
And paste it there.

Please keep me informed if it works, in kase others have the same problem.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

In mission 2, when reaching Batumi Harbour, the communications menu is not appearing.

Before startup, it is appearing when using the backslash (`\`) key.

The comms menu was working before the update (I got to the point of moving all the other cargo pieces at the power plant).

The voice over from Batumi tower is an awesome refresh, btw.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:05 PM, CHPL said:

@andqui

It is in the BETA update:

Check the Folder  C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\UH-1H Worlds Apart Spring 2025\Liveries

Is the Liveries folder there?

If yes, make a koppie of the UH-1H WOLFPACK file in that folder Folder and move to.

C:\Users\MIR\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Uh-1H
And paste it there.

Please keep me informed if it works, in kase others have the same problem.

Thanks for the reply. I copy and pasted the livery folder to the saved games section and now it works. Definitely did not work before I did that. I am running the beta, but my file path is different and doesn't have .openbeta in the saved games path like yours does.

Haven't had time to try mission 2 again regarding the stuck humvee, but just to I'm prepared for when I try it again: I land by the checkpoint, they say they're arranging a taxi for Wolf 1, the humvee drives off. Later it comes back. I'm told over the radio to follow it to the outpost? Did i miss anything important? When I tried it the first time the humvee drove down the road a short distance, took a left turn near some other vehicles, and then drove up to a tree and did not move again. Will report back if it happens again the next time I try it.

@andqui
Some of the wayfinding in DCS is completely independent of what was specified in the ME.

This is annoying, but in this case you can ignore it.

At the point where the vehicle leaves the road and gets lost among the trucks, you should already see the infantry coming out of the forest in front of you.

Your comander should also alert you to this.

Please look at your kneeboard or the F-10 map. The exact landing zone is marked there and only 20 meters to the left of the road in the clearing.  

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:45 PM, CHPL said:

During flight the communication menue needs AltGr in adddition, to open up. 🤔

No, it turns out that I need to click the menu item about 25x before it decides to respond.

So I got the cargo part done on mission 2. I get told to pick up the troops. They didn't respond and I am comparing this to

image.png

They are just sitting there underneath the tree. I followed the HMMV. I even re circled the entire trip again in case I was 2m off a trigger zone. No errors in the DCS log.

image.png

@j5bit 

I have checked the mission and cannot find any error.
The trigger for the infantry is triggered when leaving LZ-1, therefore no trigger zone can be missed.

So if you landed in LZ1 between the river and the building for the technician in yellow, Wolf 1 was picked up and brought back and you got the message to follow the vehicle, all necessary triggers and flags are active.

I hate to say this, because it's damn unsatisfying, but it could be your system. The thing with the radio menu was also strange.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 12:16 AM, CHPL said:

So if you landed in LZ1 between the river and the building for the technician in yellow, Wolf 1 was picked up and brought back and you got the message to follow the vehicle, all necessary triggers and flags are active.

Yep, the HMMV went away, came back, was told to follow the HMMV to the drop off point.

The HMMV eventually parked underneath the trees to the right of my screenshot.

@j5bit
Ground troops Pathfinding is a permanent problem in DCS, and we avoid using ground troops for triggering events as much as possible.
Same in this case. It doesn't matter where the HMMV is going to; the Infantry is triggered by WOLF two, leaving LZ1. 
And according to your description, you have done everything necessary in advance correctly.
I did several tests, and the trigger is working fine. Actually, it doesn't matter if you use STABLE or BETA. You are also the only one reporting that problem at the moment, so it looks like an issue on your side.
Are you able to post a video leaving the power station up to the issue with the hiding infantry?
If you stream it over twitch or the DISCORD of our Squad (Black Angels / because of better quality), we will find a time we come together to solve the problem.

Always happy landings ;)