Shooting multiple mavericks simultaneously?

AngryViper.101
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

Hi

If this is possible, can someone please send me a short guide or video?

After setting up two mark points, can i setup two mavericks to point one to mark point 26 (1) and another to mark point 27 (2), and THEN shoot the two mavericks at the same time?

Also, what if i have four mavericks?

Much appreciated!

i7-11800H @ 2.30GH | 16Gb 3200MHz | GeForce RTX 3060 | Samsung 1TB SSD | KINGSTON 520GB SSD

• Solution

The maximum possible number of Maverick to launch with one WR press is two. They both must be tracking simultaneously from paired stations (e.g. 3/7) and "RP 2" must be selected. Due to an issue this currently isn't possible if LAU-88 or EO VIS or EO BORE is used.

• AG master mode
  • SMS OSB 2 (x2) "PRE"
  • SMS OSB 8 then OSB 19 then OSB 2 "RP 2"
  • DMS down WPN SOI
  • Refine crosshairs on first target and TMS forward to track
  • MSL STEP
  • Refine crosshairs on second target and TMS forward to track
  • MSL STEP to confirm both missiles are within firing parameters (optional)
  • Weapons release button hold until both missiles fire (short delay)

F16 EO RP2.trk

You could use two points to designate two targets. For example if STPT 1 has first target then simply TMS forward to track first missile and INC to STPT 2 and TMS forward to track second missile. You're allowed to change the target point in the middle of the process. Here's an example of two steerpoints which are near two targets with a steerpoint change in the middle.

F16 EO RP2 STPT.trk

Edited by Frederf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/21/2021 at 5:22 PM, Frederf said:

In real life you can with all EO modes and all launchers.

LAU-88/A missile launcher doesn't have "Assured Launch Capability". The LAU-88A/A with improved launcher electronic unit (LEU) maintains the launch pulse after the weapon release button is released (eliminating quick pickles).

It is unknown what LAU-88 missile launcher is simulated in DCS F-16CM.

Best regards,

falconbr

LAU-88 was withdrawn from service prior to 2000. It's gotta be LAU-88A in DCS. Besides, you can dual launch in DCS. It's just oddly limited because some of the EO modes are goofy. E.g. in EO VIS resets the target box back to FPM every time you change stations (missiles currently).

• Thanks 2

EO VIS box should go through stages. HUD SOI pre designate, HUD SOI post designate, WPN SOI. It should go both ways A->B->C, C->B->A. I think if you skip the WPN SOI TMS aft and HUD SOI and TMS aft to reject box it should go back to pre designate straight away.

• Thanks 1