Apache MFD from Total Controls

JackFlash

Yes, my wallet is ready.

If you look at the Apache cockpit it is just MFDs that pretty much run the entire show.... I would like to get these right from the get go.

For me the price is ok, the Apache MFDs are quite unique so this somewhat limits sales to mostly Apache Sim Pilots. Although the Apache MFDs would certainly help if we got a KA-52!!! 

How high are the gates separating each button and any photos of that?  

I am a VR pilot only, the gates give a nice reference to where your fingers are when feeling your way to pressing buttons. Are the white lines from the centre of each button printed white or 3 dimensional and white?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, JackFlash said:

This is spot on. Just the molds for the buttons and the housing sums up to around 10k USD. Sure, if we sell 5000 the price would go down, but that’s not in reach I recon. 
I think i.e Virpil has a markup at around 50%. We won’t make that much in this device. We do it because it’s fun and hopefully we make a small profit, but it won’t make us millions. You could compare to the TekCreations frame on their homepage, and I still think we have a better product. 
The device have 2 potentiometers and a three position switch. 

Im SOOOO ready for this to drop 🙂 Just need to get another MFD monitor on top of the 2 I already have built xD

Edited by Coyote_One

On 12/25/2021 at 11:37 PM, Lixma 06 said:

Would you consider, if there was sufficient interest, doing an ABRIS 'strip'?

One standard rotary, one infinite encoder with push, and five buttons. Just velcro the thing to the edge of the desk or wherever.

abris strip.jpg

+1 That would be awesome. Just a bar I could Velcro to my bezel below the exported image of the Abris. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

On 12/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

Yes, my wallet is ready.

If you look at the Apache cockpit it is just MFDs that pretty much run the entire show.... I would like to get these right from the get go.

For me the price is ok, the Apache MFDs are quite unique so this somewhat limits sales to mostly Apache Sim Pilots. Although the Apache MFDs would certainly help if we got a KA-52!!! 

How high are the gates separating each button and any photos of that?  

I am a VR pilot only, the gates give a nice reference to where your fingers are when feeling your way to pressing buttons. Are the white lines from the centre of each button printed white or 3 dimensional and white?

The gates are about 2,5 mm high. It will be easy do distinguish each button via the gates in VR. The lines are printed and not tactile at all. 

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Lixma 06 said:

Would you consider, if there was sufficient interest, doing an ABRIS 'strip'?

One standard rotary, one infinite encoder with push, and five buttons. Just velcro the thing to the edge of the desk or wherever.

abris strip.jpg

Well, I realized that we do have the realestate on the board. We might do something about it. 🙂

Abris.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/30/2021 at 5:38 PM, JackFlash said:

The gates are about 2,5 mm high. It will be easy do distinguish each button via the gates in VR. The lines are printed and not tactile at all. 

Nice, they looked pretty high in the image.

Should allow me to run my fingers across the gates whilst mentally counting the position without accidently activating the buttons. For sure they will be physically modified to further ensure confidence in finger position at each medial position.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up for two of these when theyre ready!!

Anyone got a source for screens?

Edited by Marshallman
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

6 hours ago, Marshallman said:

I'm up for two of these when theyre ready!!

Anyone got a source for screens?

An iPad would be great for screen. Just looking for a way to export the MPD to an iPad. Any developer out there? Send me a DM 🙂

• Like 1

What is the update on availability JackFlash, DCS weapon release is imminent.

• 2 weeks later...

I will definitely get a bundle of two👍.  Can you tell me something about the size so I can prepare the rest of my cockpit?

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Pikas62 said:

I will definitely get a bundle of two👍.  Can you tell me something about the size so I can prepare the rest of my cockpit?

I sure can. They are pretty huge, but 1:1 compared to the real thing. Outer measures  is 213 mm and frame size is 158x158 mm. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, JackFlash said:

I sure can. They are pretty huge, but 1:1 compared to the real thing. Outer measures  is 213 mm and frame size is 158x158 mm. 

Thank you for the info 👍! Can´t wait to order a pair of them.

Edited by Pikas62

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

vor einer Stunde schrieb JackFlash:

A quick question. We are planning to produce some table mounts for the frames. They will be sold separately. Do you guys think this is something you’ll get along with the frames?

For me it depends on price and if I can integrate it in my setup. So I can't tell for sure.

13 hours ago, JackFlash said:

A quick question. We are planning to produce some table mounts for the frames. They will be sold separately. Do you guys think this is something you’ll get along with the frames?

Having a Monster Tech setup I'll stick with it as their ecosystem is already vast and highly customizable.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

16 hours ago, JackFlash said:

I have a generic home cockpit, so not relevant for me...

molon-labe-black-header.jpg