Apache MFD from Total Controls

JackFlash

On 4/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, JackFlash said:

I will think of it. Maybe we will open up the preorders to our previous customers first. I am not sure if we can limit the sales for each customer. Will look into it.

Apache MFD moulds have now been ordered. To us, this is huge :smile: 

Seems only fair for long-standing customers.

I will be a first time customer, and will be happy to wait my turn.

I really hope these will be popular, and subsequent batches will be made. And if they are really very popular, hopefully consideration will be given to additional things such as TEDAC controller etc, but one thing at a time 😃

Best of luck with great sales on these. I'll most certainly own a pair in the future.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 11:26 PM, tsc3 said:

Priority should absolutely be given to us long-standing Total Controls customers who also own the Button Box . . .

But seriously, will there be a cap on how many units any one person can purchase?  Would be great if those first 300 get spread out across a wide band of folks.

No..... No, I am not so sure about that, and nor should JackFlash be sure about it..... Me first please. 🙂

The Apache keyboard unit would also be cool.... especially if it had the ability to emulate an actual keyboard at the press of an additional button for sending messages with multiplayer chat rooms... or discords or whatever it is called now a days.  

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Id like to see the CPG gunner set up front instead of the MPDs, but thats just me.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

From the pilots station, do you know the distance is between each MFD JackFlash?

There seems to be a slight angle to the MFDs so that each MFD somewhat faces the pilot more head on, do you know what that is?

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

3 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

From the pilots station, do you know the distance is between each MFD JackFlash?

There seems to be a slight angle to the MFDs so that each MFD somewhat faces the pilot more head on, do you know what that is?

I have also noticed that but I can not give you any precise answer regarding the angles or any distances. However we have moved the USB to the bottom side to keep it away from any Master Caution buttons. 

• Thanks 4

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

Status update:

• The Apache MPD:s will launch as a pre-purchase in the second half of May. (We aim for this date.)
  • There will be 290 units available, both a two pack bundle and single units. 
  • Price will be around 120-130€ each. There will be a bundle discount. VAT will be added in Europe.
  • Deliveries will start ASAP, probably at least 4-6 weeks after orders are placed. 
  • Table mounts will be sold separately. 
  • All subscribers to our newsletter will be informed about the release three days in advance.
  • All buyers will have to pay when the order is placed. This is to make sure that we do not get pre-orders that are cancelled.
  • This is a premium product. Nothing is 3D-printed. It will look and feel as good or better than anything from other top brands.

Questions? Fire away!

Edited by JackFlash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the update Jack.

These will be a great help flying the Apache.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thank you for the update! Can‘t wait to have two of them😜.

• Like 1

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

In terms of dimensions, will the Apache MFD fit on top of TM MFD? Or vice versa, will the TM fit inside your product? Thx

Edited by Herisson

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

On 4/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

The Apache keyboard unit would also be cool.... especially if it had the ability to emulate an actual keyboard at the press of an additional button for sending messages with multiplayer chat rooms

That's what the Stream Deck XL is for 😉

On 5/1/2022 at 12:57 AM, Coyote_One said:

That's what the Stream Deck XL is for 😉

Perhaps it is. looks interesting

Edited by Rogue Trooper

Really having a hard time quickly controlling my situational awareness and cannon range without these MFDS.

Are they rolling in from the east in Mid May for sure?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

Looking forward to them as well.  They’ll fit nicely on my 2nd monitor and really make a difference in using the various controls pages. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

On 4/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, JackFlash said:

Status update:

• The Apache MPD:s will launch as a pre-purchase in the second half of May. (We aim for this date.)
  • There will be 290 units available, both a two pack bundle and single units. 
  • Price will be around 120-130€ each. There will be a bundle discount. VAT will be added in Europe.
  • Deliveries will start ASAP, probably at least 4-6 weeks after orders are placed. 
  • Table mounts will be sold separately. 
  • All subscribers to our newsletter will be informed about the release three days in advance.
  • All buyers will have to pay when the order is placed. This is to make sure that we do not get pre-orders that are cancelled.
  • This is a premium product. Nothing is 3D-printed. It will look and feel as good or better than anything from other top brands.

Questions? Fire away!

Any chance you could provide dimensions for mounting? For example if it mounts to a pit with machine screws from the front what size screws and how are the mounting holes laid out?

On 5/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

Really having a hard time quickly controlling my situational awareness and cannon range without these MFDS.

Are they rolling in from the east in Mid May for sure?

Pre-purchase will start in may. Deliveries might take a moths after that. 

1 hour ago, Jarmak said:

Any chance you could provide dimensions for mounting? For example if it mounts to a pit with machine screws from the front what size screws and how are the mounting holes laid out?

You will have to use M4 screws. They are positioned in a prefect square and it is exactly 206,5 mm between centrum of the holes. Hope that helps. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, JackFlash said:

Pre-purchase will start in may. Deliveries might take a moths after that. 

You will have to use M4 screws. They are positioned in a prefect square and it is exactly 206,5 mm between centrum of the holes. Hope that helps. 🙂

Helps a bunch! Thanks!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb thhuni:

i would pay   maybe  150   in bundle   maximum , when more expensive  i  buy the  cougars   , only  80 euro (2)

I guess there is no need for you to wait. It is extremely unlikely that they would sell a bundle for 150 Euros if a single one will already costs 120 to 130. The cougars are mass produced. Therefore they are a lot cheaper.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thhuni said:

i would pay   maybe  150   in bundle   maximum , when more expensive  i  buy the  cougars   , only  80 euro (2)

Would you like free shipping and a bow tie too?

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.