Apache MFD from Total Controls

JackFlash

Gagging for these bad boys to be released.

The apache requires a shocking amount of time heads down in the pit manipulating these MFDs, both for pilot and Co-pilot. You can feel how this bird is torn between the original concept and new age concept! 

Lets get going Total controls, get my skull out of the pit!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, Coyote_One said:

Whats the dimensions of the bezel? Im looking into 8 inch raspberry-pi screens but I dont know how thick the bezels are to subtract for screen real estate. For example the Cougars are 141.2mm wide but the inside screen space is only 108mm with the bezel.

Can you please include something like this? 

This is the TM Cougar MFD's as an example. For something at this cost, it would be extremely helpful to those who are planning flush fit screen builds.

Thanks.

Here is the exact dimensions of the frames:

unknown.png

Status is as follows:

• Software: Completed
  • Boxes and packaging: Delivered
  • Desk mounts: Ordered from a domestic producer. Shipment date still unknown.
  • Housings: Delivered from China a few days ago, will arrive within a week.
  • USB cables: Delivered from China a week ago, will arrive soon.
  • Microcontrollers: Delivered for programming. Once done they should be delivered to the PCB manufacturer.
  • PCBs: Ordered from a neighboring country.  Last piece of the puzzle. When these are delivered to us assembly and shipping of orders will start immediately.  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

9 minutes ago, Caps Lock said:

Will the 8 in screens fit? 

the inside dimension is 6 1/4", should fit. Youll have to scale the image a tad bit.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 7/7/2022 at 7:13 PM, JackFlash said:

unknown.png

Status is as follows:

• Microcontrollers: Delivered for programming. Once done they should be delivered to the PCB manufacturer.
  • PCBs: Ordered from a neighboring country.  Last piece of the puzzle. When these are delivered to us assembly and shipping of orders will start immediately.  

How are things progressing, would be nice to get a new status update like the last one 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

On 7/19/2022 at 2:29 PM, Krupi said:

How are things progressing, would be nice to get a new status update like the last one 

Sure thing!

status right now: Buttons, instruction books  and packing has arrived at our warehouse. USB cables and housings are on a train bound for Europe and will hopefully arrive in maximum two weeks. (No ED pun intended.)

All electronics are secured and in the hands of our manufacturer in Lithuania.  They are waiting for PCBs to arrive this week. After that we can expect one week manufacturing time before shipping to Sweden. 
Out production will start immediately and shipping will begin day one. It looks like we will ship orders without the desk mount first. If we get the desk mounts sooner, shipping will be based on date of placed orders. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ok, thank you for Status update 👍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

On 7/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, JackFlash said:

unknown.png

Status is as follows:

Thank you for posting this

what's the size of the screw? (for 3d print design for the LCD case need that) 

I have bought the frames, do you know if it would be possible to mount that to the Monstertech table mount which is (80x40 aluminum profile) 

8 hours ago, Norsk-L said:

Thank you for posting this

what's the size of the screw? (for 3d print design for the LCD case need that) 

I have bought the frames, do you know if it would be possible to mount that to the Monstertech table mount which is (80x40 aluminum profile) 

The holes are adapted to M4 machine screws. I do not know if it will fit a Monstertech mount, but I do not think so. The frames are pretty big and unique in its hole spacing. You might think of a genius way to solve it. If so, please feel free to share your design. 

8 hours ago, JackFlash said:

The holes are adapted to M4 machine screws. I do not know if it will fit a Monstertech mount, but I do not think so. The frames are pretty big and unique in its hole spacing. You might think of a genius way to solve it. If so, please feel free to share your design. 

Thank you for the info,

I might be able to use your mount to connect it directly to the monstertech with some modification appreciate if you could share the mount design or some pictures from the back and the size. I have seen the mount from the front but back is where all the important parts are located. 

P.S. if I find a solution, I be sure to post it here and keep you in the loop

Edited by Norsk-L

• 4 weeks later...

@JackFlash - A new status update would be very welcome.

• Like 1

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

On 8/17/2022 at 6:54 AM, Pikas62 said:

@JackFlash - A new status update would be very welcome.

Sure thing! Desk mounts has arrived. Electronics arrive on Tuesday and I really hope the housings arrives at the same time. Assembly and packing will start from the first minute we get everything here. 

Hole on! It will be worth the wait and I’m really sorry it has taken so much time. 

• Thanks 2

@JackFlash

thanks for the status update!! 👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

22 hours ago, JackFlash said:

Sure thing! Desk mounts has arrived. Electronics arrive on Tuesday and I really hope the housings arrives at the same time. Assembly and packing will start from the first minute we get everything here. 

Hole on! It will be worth the wait and I’m really sorry it has taken so much time. 

Thanks a lot for the update!

• Like 1

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

New update:

The last piece of the puzzle, the housing and rotary knobs (we made our own) will arrive on Monday. Shipping starts immediately, meaning the first package with Apache MPDs leaves the warehouse on Tuesday. We will produce the frames as fast as we can, hopefully for filling all pre-orders within a week or two. 

Sorry for keeping you waiting. It will be worth it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yipiehh!! Excellent news! Feeling like a child waiting for christmas to come🎅🏽🎄👍

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707

18 hours ago, Caps Lock said:

Patiently waiting for my order to be delivered but was wondering if anyone here who ordered these mfds and finds a good monitor to use with these frames would share with the rest of us and also perhaps the Lua file for those of us who aren't as tech savvy  

Well. I actually tried this today:

Any 10.4 inch 4:3-screen fits nicely. I would say the easiest way to make this work is to use Helios. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UK Order #1185 where are you?

You know I have a lot of work to do to get these bad boys integrating into my virtual cockpit and you are not helping, UK Order #1185!

It gets on my nerves how these non-contributing DCS users do not communicate to help reduce anxiety for the waiting and needy!

Gagging for a large pair of MPDs.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

7 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

UK Order #1185 where are you?

You know I have a lot of work to do to get these bad boys integrating into my virtual cockpit and you are not helping, UK Order #1185!

It gets on my nerves how these non-contributing DCS users do not communicate to help reduce anxiety for the waiting and needy!

Gagging for a large pair of MPDs.

Get on our Discord! UK order #1185 is there and he and many others share their setup. 

https://discord.com/invite/wdNrd2F

Edited by JackFlash