Walkthrough of the Campaign for DCS 2.7.7 - 2.7.8

Hello everyone! I just thought I'd post here that I'm almost done with a complete walkthrough of this campaign (as of DCS version 2.7.7 - 2.7.8). I didn't see too many walkthrough videos on YouTube, so if you're having trouble with a mission, you can try checking out my recording of it. I haven't encountered any mission-breaking bugs, but the music in the current version tends to overlap radio audio in some cases. Subtitles are helpful in this regard, but it would be nice if the radio music played through the radio in the Ka-50 that has volume control. (Only one radio has bindings for radio volume. The other does not. Would also be nice if ED could implement bindings for both radio volumes.) I'm also not sure if this campaign has been updated for the current DCS lighting adjustments as this campaign came out prior to the lighting overhaul, so I'm also posting this for the mission creator to see how the missions are currently looking in the current DCS version. Anyway, I would strongly recommend this as a purchase because this campaign has good voice acting and interesting and challenging missions to fly. The music selection was superb. I felt like a real Russian helicopter pilot, and this is the first campaign where I've had to master two aircraft to complete it. Looking forward to future updates for this campaign and, of course, the Crew campaign for the Mi-8 when I get time to fly it! 

Edited by SignorMagnifico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

48 minutes ago, SignorMagnifico said:

this campaign has good voice acting and interesting and challenging missions to fly

Yes, it is a nice Campaign, but it could have been much better if the briefing texts were placed in kneeboard format, to reference without pausing the sim. Currently the kneeboards only have a map in russian, so I would have appreciated the maps to be also in english. Otherwise a nice Campaign, and can be purchased for very little when on Sale 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, it is a nice Campaign, but it could have been much better if the briefing texts were placed in kneeboard format, to reference without pausing the sim. Currently the kneeboards only have a map in russian, so I would have appreciated the maps to be also in english. Otherwise a nice Campaign, and can be purchased for very little when on Sale 👍

Same. I got it on sale. The kneeboards in English would have been helpful, but I decided just to try to learn how to read Cyrillic, instead, for immersion lol.

8BAB2B56-B439-45E4-A1AB-AADB1CC01480.jpeg

Edited by SignorMagnifico
  • Like 2

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

13 minutes ago, SignorMagnifico said:

but I decided just to try to learn how to read Cyrillic

+1 ... one of my new year's resolution is to learn russian, as I'm planning a trip to San Petersburg for September of 2022 ... nowadays it's easy to take on-line classes, and not that expensive 😇

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks for the tip friends! Thank you for rating. This is my first project and needs a lot of overhaul. I am currently working on a series of campaigns for the Persian Gulf. The MAD UH-1 or SA-342 campaign - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319731/  is coming soon. As well as MAD JF-17 and MAD AV-8.
I hope that in 22 AD I can definitely find the time to completely overhaul the Memory of a Hero campaign. Thanks for the feedback anyway!

• Like 2

Yes, it is a nice Campaign, but it could have been much better if the briefing texts were placed in kneeboard format, to reference without pausing the sim. Currently the kneeboards only have a map in russian, so I would have appreciated the maps to be also in english. Otherwise a nice Campaign, and can be purchased for very little when on Sale 
Have you tried Taz1004's mission briefing mod? It will let you bring up the missions briefing without pausing. Very handy, though I totally agree with adding briefings to the kneeboard.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you tried Taz1004's mission briefing mod? It will let you bring up the missions briefing without pausing. 

Thanks for the tip, I'm trying it now 👍

No Pause Briefing.jpg

• Like 1

7 часов назад, splash сказал:

I finished this campaign many months ago and remember it was very enjoyable. I had to request some help in this forum because some missions where tricky. I would love to fly your next campaigns.

Campaign The Crew is already waiting for you! And in January there will be MAD UH-1or SA-342

• Like 3