TheBattleSim - gone missing?

Mr_sukebe

Couldn't help but notice that http://www.thebattlesim.com has gone AWOL.

Does make me wonder why.  I was under the impression that DCS/TBS is being used by both the French air force and the US national guard and might well be used elsewhere too.

Has TBS been renamed?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Does anyone have access to the pictures that were uploaded to that site? I there was a screenshot of a very early Hornet build that was different than the Lot 20 we eventually ended up with. I found it very interesting because it indicated that an earlier Lot was initially planned and how this changed as development went on.

11 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Couldn't help but notice that http://www.thebattlesim.com has gone AWOL.

Does make me wonder why.  I was under the impression that DCS/TBS is being used by both the French air force and the US national guard and might well be used elsewhere too.

Has TBS been renamed?

Wags maintain on your YT channel the old videos.

33 minutes ago, WobblyFlops said:

Does anyone have access to the pictures that were uploaded to that site? I there was a screenshot of a very early Hornet build that was different than the Lot 20 we eventually ended up with. I found it very interesting because it indicated that an earlier Lot was initially planned and how this changed as development went on.

Well, there's always WebArchive...

• Thanks 1

Все буде добре

2 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

The_Battle_Simulator_Overview-2.jpg

I think this is the photo you're referring to? It's the only one I could find on the TBS site whilst using the Wayback machine. Now, let's play the game of spot the difference compared to the current FA-18 we have!

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was exactly the picture I was looking for, thanks guys.

33 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The pics on TBS was very old, that hornet was a previous version of AI with not have the detail level of the Hornet module

What? Why would an AI Hornet have such a detailed cockpit? Plus I remember the very early newletters from 2017 I think when Wags (or Nineline) teased a much older Hornet, without the current CMS suite and with the Nite Hawk pod.

3 hours ago, WobblyFlops said:

That was exactly the picture I was looking for, thanks guys.

What? Why would an AI Hornet have such a detailed cockpit? Plus I remember the very early newletters from 2017 I think when Wags (or Nineline) teased a much older Hornet, without the current CMS suite and with the Nite Hawk pod.

The AI never was a cockpit. The cockpit show on the TBS was the old Hornet module cockpit on early develop stages.

They were gonna do a much older version/block/Lot but they got the info for the Lot-20 so they did that one.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Though, I am a fan of having multiple variants from various points in time, it's a form of preservation of history, secondly the less advanced it is the more pilot skill is a factor, which means depth, and that means good product longevity (if not eternal in such cases) a good thing for DCS business which is required for them to bring us all the updates 🙂

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria