I cannot align the HMD.

Hobel
Go to solution Solved by Hobel,

• ED Team

Hi, 

not having any issues here, please include a track replay example when posting a bug report so we can take a closer look at your issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

You‘ll need to press and hold the enable switch in the coarse alignment stage until it says ALIGN OK. Then proceed to the next steps. Works 100%

you dont have to press and hold Cursor enable. Press it once and put the thing on the thing and when is OK press 0 on the ICP (M-select) without moving your head.
After that the process will continue using the cursor. Same thing except you slew the cursor over the thing "middle" line it up and press 0 on the ICP (M-select).

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

not having any issues here, please include a track replay example when posting a bug report so we can take a closer look at your issue. 

thanks

I don't have one at the moment, but if it happens again I'll try to capture the track.

I don't know exactly how to provoke this error.

4 hours ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

You‘ll need to press and hold the enable switch in the coarse alignment stage until it says ALIGN OK. Then proceed to the next steps. Works 100%

I know how to align the hmd.   I follow the same procedure as described in the video and that's how it usually works for me, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

I don't have any problem with aligning the JHMCS on the ground or in the air.

Make sure you do this:

Exit master modes, be sure you are in Nav mode, and dobber back to main DED page. (radios will be shown)

Press LIST > M-SEL > RCL > DOBBER SWITCH RIGHT > M-SEL

When you do that you will get a cross on the HUD and on your JHMCS, press Enable Switch - Depress, you will see ALIGNEMENT message blinking, align your JHMCS cross with the HUD cross at that time, when it stops blinking press M-SEL,

at that time you will get 2 small corsses on your JHMCS which need to be aligned with the big cross on your HUD, simply use the slew to get them on the cross and press M-SEL for each of the small crosses aligned,

gratz you are done.

P.S. make sure JHMCS is turned on.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1