Help needed on COMS with ATC....

AvgWhiteGuy

I have an issue with no audio or text response from ATC using comms on the A-10C Tank Killer. In contrast, there are no problems when flying the F/A-18 in the same mission...all works as normal with ATC, Carrier, etc.
Whether I'm using the Functions keys or VoiceAttack, the results are the same...nothing. I know my messages are being received in most cases with F-keys because the options change accordingly. For example, if I request Engine Startup, that option is no longer display but the next appropriate option of 'Request Taxi' is, after this the next option of Request Takeoff/Abort Takeoff is then displayed.

There is no text displayed in the upper left corner at any time indicating the ATC response.

I have limited verbal response from 'Chief'; he'll give me external electrical power but won't Rearm-Refuel. There I need to use the F-keys

So in the same mission with both A-10C & F/A-18 flights available, only the F/A-18 comms function as normal.

I'm sure it's not a bug...I just have something setup wrong? BTW, Easy Comms is ON.

Any idea of where I start this hunt for resolutions, 

Appreciate your help.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Did you use the proper mic keys? Even with Easy Comms, you need to use the HOTAS Mic Switch Forward/Down/Aft for the 3 radios in the A-10C (both old and new versions at this stage; the new ARC-210 radio isn't there yet). If you key the standard comms key, I think the tower won't receive the transmission. Of course the radios also need to be on.

A track or a video would be a big help so we can look over your shoulder.

• Like 1

@Yurgon.....appreciate the response...I'm pretty sure I have it set up right since all work fine in F/A-18....responses from ATC-Carrier-Chief all give me verbal and text feedback. It's only the A-10CTK that give no responses.

Maybe I'll just toss together a simple Startup-Taxi-T/O and lading to test both aircraft again and forward if still problems.

Thanks again,

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Ever since the new Beta drop, I too have had issues with comms, but in a different matter. Has to do with the complete change and designation of MIC button function vs. VoIP MIC function.

MIC forward/aft/down is now flagged as (menu call), where before it was for actually toggling comms.

That is now moved or relegated to (or I am assuming as no documentation supports what I found in key bindings) VoIP Radio PTT.1, .2, .3  . . . and so on.

I detailed it here:

• Like 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

On 12/25/2021 at 6:19 PM, SmirkingGerbil said:

Ever since the new Beta drop, I too have had issues with comms, but in a different matter. Has to do with the complete change and designation of MIC button function vs. VoIP MIC function.

MIC forward/aft/down is now flagged as (menu call), where before it was for actually toggling comms.

That is now moved or relegated to (or I am assuming as no documentation supports what I found in key bindings) VoIP Radio PTT.1, .2, .3  . . . and so on.

I detailed it here:

Were you able to remedy this? I am dealing with the same issue and can't fix it.

EDIT - Nevermind, I am an idiot. I see your findings now.

Edited by HVY-COVooDoo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HVY-COVooDoo said:

Were you able to remedy this? I am dealing with the same issue and can't fix it.

EDIT - Nevermind, I am an idiot. I see your findings now.

Hey no worries, I am glad you found it!

I should have updated here also.

The fix is to "Allow SRS Hotkeys" so that SRS can interact with the cockpit even if the control bindings are jacked due to the Beta Update.

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Thanks to ALL of you, my problems have been resolved. Although my issue had nothing to do with VoIP (I fly solo in my cave) you left crumbs to follow with respect to beta updates and PPT assignment on the TM HOTAS. My assignments were correct but it seems the beta update might have scrambled some things in VAICOM. After updating VA & VAICOM thing are much better, and responses (audio & text) are back. 

Now I need to re-train speech and dial it in as the VA/VAICOM combo doesn't recognize about 90% of what I say. I guess I need to dive back in and go thru all these programs again. In any case I do appreciate your help, suggestions and 'crumbs'.

Fly safe, wear a O2 mask, maintain safe wingtip distance....cheers my friends and a Happy New Year to all!

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
  • Like 1