DCS/System Audio Lowering when VoIP is Active

Scroll_Tro0L

Also having this issue. It seems to be related to the "Voice Chat Output" setting. When set to another audio device not being used, the volumes remain where they should be (but since its an unused/non active device, you can no longer hear broadcasts over the new VOX Radio)

Yep same issue here. Spent a few days banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why any audio outside of DCS (Browser, SRS) was really low despite volume being at 100%. When I disabled voice chat in the settings this stopped happening, when I re-enabled ingame voice chat it came back, really annoying bug especially when you want to crank up some tunes when your flying or trying to listen to people on SRS.

I may have found the solution, setting windows communications activity to "do nothing" may be only step one. I had to go in audio settings ingame and switch through all audio outputs and after that back to standard again (i also switched through all my headset and mic options and after that back to the device i'm actually using). Now i can hear discord at the same level again, like before enabling voice chat in the settings. However, i couldn't test voice chat on a server, because now i can't bring up the voice chat window in cockpit. Lctrl+Lshift+tab doesn't do anything and button bindings are all greyed out... :(

• Thanks 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, Scroll_Tro0L said:

Anytime I enter a voice-enabled server with my VoIP setting enabled, all of my audio including DCS becomes much lower. I have the Windows option for communication apps lowering all other sounds disabled.

image.png

Same problem here.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...