Viggen navigation system not working

Ghost79

Just got the latest patch installed and it looks like the navigation system isnt working as it should. Maybe its just me and ive missed something. After takeoff, waypoint B1 is west at about 300 even though the actual waypoint is on a heading of 60 say. Anyone else having issues?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

Yup, it is very much broken.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Waypoints created in the mission editor are not loading. As a workaround for the moment you can use cartridges created from the F10 map, or using the .ini files. They seem to be working correctly.
The bug has been added to the HB bug tracker.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

1 hour ago, MYSE1234 said:

Waypoints created in the mission editor are not loading. As a workaround for the moment you can use cartridges created from the F10 map, or using the .ini files. They seem to be working correctly.
The bug has been added to the HB bug tracker.

You can also of course input the COORD's manually using the REF/LOLA function. There'll only be max 9 points plus maybe a couple BX's. I believe the old AJ version had to do this anyway prior to the data cartridge. So kinda the most realistic. I hate the F10 method.

36 minutes ago, fearlessfrog said:

Ah this would explain why the training missions I tried don't work. I thought I was doing something wrong navigation-wise.

Any chance it could a DLL 'meet me in the alley' fix, rather than having to wait till New Year for a ED hotfix? 🙂

yeah I really hope we get a hotfix before ED is out for the Holidays otherwise I feel like we're going to be sitting on this until late January I'm afraid.

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye91 said:

otherwise I feel like we're going to be sitting on this until late January I'm afraid.

You can always undo the update and revert to the previous version of DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, fearlessfrog said:

Ah this would explain why the training missions I tried don't work. I thought I was doing something wrong navigation-wise.

Any chance it could a DLL 'meet me in the alley' fix, rather than having to wait till New Year for a ED hotfix? 🙂

Latest for a hotfix is likely next week. More info when we converse with ED further! Sorry for the wait.

• Like 7

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

No problem, I can put my beloved plane aside for the time being. I hate to rollback.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

18 hours ago, funkstardeluxe said:

I am learning the plane and I thought I was doing something wrong...I'll keep flying visual for now!

Same here, got the viggen after the beta patch. Watch videos over and over again.  Could not understand why it didn't work.

Edited by Gunfreak

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I am just getting into the Viggen when I found out about this issue.  Could someone explain to me how to do waypoints for the Viggen in the F10 map while in the jet?  Also where is the init file that you can modify for waypoints?

Thanks

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

38 minutes ago, sobe said:

Could someone explain to me how to do waypoints for the Viggen in the F10 map while in the jet? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks that was perfect. 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .