DCS: AJS-37 Patch Dec 23rd 2021 - Feedback Thread

IronMike

1 hour ago, Sprool said:

You are correct, turning the knob anti-clockwise in default cockpit turns the dial hands anticlockwise and increments the numbers downwards, in the english cockppit turning the knob anticlockwise turns the dial anticlockwise but increments the numbers upwards.

COuld this be cured with an edit to the relevant lua file entry?

I think the cockpit mod needs to be updated. I don't know much about the lua files, so I'm not much help. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

I found a solution, in the texture file LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds I reversed the numbers indicated - originally was 9 on the left through to 0 on the right, this sorts out the issue in the English cockpit mod. You can find the file in ED>dcs world open beta>mods>aircraft>AJS37>Liveries>AJS37cockpit>English

(Note: I added a yellow colour to help me detect the correct part of the texture file to edit - attached edited texture file at the bottom)

1.jpg

2.jpg

LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds

Edited by Sprool

6 minutes ago, Sprool said:

I found a solution, in the texture file LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds I reversed the numbers indicated - originally was 9 on the left through to 0 on the right, this sorts out the issue in the English cockpit mod. You can find the file in ED>dcs world open beta>mods>aircraft>AJS37>Liveries>AJS37cockpit>English

(Note: I added a yellow colour to help me detect the correct part of the texture file to edit - attached edited texture file at the bottom)

1.jpg

2.jpg

LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads

I'm ignorant of modding. Can you just use the default texture for the rollers?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Just now, jacobs said:

So, waypoints from mission editor are not loading on data cartridge, forcing us to create waypoints from F10 map. Is this a bug?

Yes, and IMO a major one, fortunately it's fixed internally IIRC, just waiting on a hotfix patch.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@Sprool
Here's a modified texture (based on new base texture) for the english cockpit mod. Obviously all the hard work on this is not made by myself, but @Devrim.
Hopefully he doesn't mind me uploading this, and if that not the case I'll remove it in a heartbeat. 🙂

LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.zip

• Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

9 hours ago, Sprool said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds 4 MB · 3 downloads

Look sweet, any chance for Swedish cockpit?

Also, any word on the hotfix?

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

56 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

The Swedish cockpit should already be correct.  This is only an issue for the unofficial English cockpit mod, as far as I know.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LEXpilot said:

The main problem is that the radar does not see naval targets.

This one really nerfs the Viggen.  I saw this issue right away and reported it. HB already made a test build that fixes this issue.

3 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Also, any word on the hotfix?

If you have this issue on the swedish cockpit, you need to either: install the latest version of the cockpit texture mod, or remove the old mod so you use the new default HB textures.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see no ship either.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 hours ago, Auntystatic said:

I see ships just fine, and others I know see them too

Screen_211227_105519.png

I initially reported that I couldn't see any ships, and after HB checked it they changed my bug report to say "under certain geometrical conditions".  I don't know what the geometrical restrictions are, but was able to see some ships yesterday. Regardless, we have a test build that fixes it. 

15 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

@Sprool
Here's a modified texture (based on new base texture) for the english cockpit mod. Obviously all the hard work on this is not made by myself, but @Devrim.
Hopefully he doesn't mind me uploading this, and if that not the case I'll remove it in a heartbeat. 🙂

LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.zip 2.52 MB · 7 downloads

..or just copy over the default texture from the dcs mods viggen default cockpit texture folder as per earier comments above ^^ !

27 minutes ago, Sprool said:

..or just copy over the default texture from the dcs mods viggen default cockpit texture folder as per earlier comments above ^^ !

But then it's not very english then is it.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry and ask again, any news on the hotfix?

Hi guys!

I'm working on the EN cockpit right now.

And thanks so much to @MYSE1234 for quick fix!

The EN mod update is on the way.

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

21 minutes ago, LEXpilot said:

Screen_211228_004655.png

The enemy aircraft carrier is not visible in the editor. Ships are also not visible in multiplayer.

Known bug, just standing by for a hotfix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]