DCS: AJS-37 Patch Dec 23rd 2021 - Feedback Thread

IronMike

34 minutes ago, wazzerbosh said:

Do we know if it also fixes the ships invisible on radar issue too?

I believe it does have the fix for it. Did a quick test mission with 9 ships, and was able to see all of them

• Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

3 hours ago, tflash said:

Djeez did I loose a lot of time with the waypoints from the ME not working before realizing something was wrong. How do you load waypoints from the F10 map? Is there a quick tutorial on that somewhere?  

It's soo easy, check chuck's guide on the Viggen, there's a section covering this full of examples.

Happy to report that both nav point and ship return on rader have been fixed.

For using F10 to make waypoint, please refer:

• Thanks 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

55 minutes ago, 坂本雪乃 said:

no longer is custom radio tuning working, selecting for example awacs chanel, can not hear or speak with awacs, atc, anything making viggen not usable specially for server such as cold war servers. Very disappointing : (

Several things changed with the radios in the recent patch:

1. FR24 was locked to Guard frequency while in NORM+LARM setting.

2. FR22 and FR24 devices were swapped relative to previous SRS configuration, so you need to swap the push-to-talk keybinds until SRS is updated.

3. Special and Group (GRUPP) channels were reconfigured.  Some multiplayer missions have probably not updated their special channels (1,2,3,EFGH), so they are all default 225.0 or something.  To access the channels that used to be in these slots, turn the GRUPP selector to 10 and use the 0-9 channel buttons.  The new frequency mapping is in the kneeboard.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Hi! I have some buggy things to report.

➡️ Datapanel key "0" has no animation like other keys (1, 2, 3, 4...)
➡️ Rensa Button Cover toggle opens the cover but won't close.
➡️ PLEASE. We need separate "Weapon Release Mode (Fallsattomkopplare)" and "RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Valb/Prep" switches, not only "up/down" way.

Thanks a lot. 🖐️

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hello programming magicians,

I see you have done a gigantic job on this aircraft, and there are plenty of things to thank for, but there are some issues that I have noticed as well. Some may be repetitive from other people, but it should still be somewhat useful.

Is the Bränselregulator switch on the right side vertical panel supposed to be in MAN position on mission start?

Parking brake - no sound when deactivated.

Somebody mentioned that some of the Data Panel OUT windows does not display the info as described in manual, i have noticed some of that too. TID does not show current time. TAKT does not show which stations are loaded unless trigger is unsafe. SAFE UNSAFE toggle does not select the next missile for Rb05.

NAV - all waypoints and targets drift rapidly to the left, when one gets <5km, no wind while testing. Makes PLAN ANF bombing useless.

Radar - terrain avoidance, should it not show radar elevation? Actually, I can't find any sort of radar elevation indication on CI in any mode or weapon at all.

Either RENSA button or wpt visual/radar fix or both things f*** up the navigation. Even after landing and loading a new cartridge, the system is not fully operative as from a clean mission start. Several waypoints stuck on the same position, wrong direction for some wpts etc.

So I don't know, feels like RENSA btn should NOT be used, and tgt and wpt fix should not be used either, unless one wants to navigate by speed, heading and chronometer 😄

Anyways, THANK YOU HEATBLUR for making this amazing aircraft for DCS, it is really something special!

Talking to Ground Crew over Communication menu gets no respond, but they get the request and perform the tasks anyway without any acknowledgement whatsoever.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

Talking to Ground Crew over Communication menu gets no respond, but they get the request and perform the tasks anyway without any acknowledgement whatsoever.

They seem to communicate to you, but you can hear them only if you have the canopy open. Don't know if this intended or not.

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Experiencing significant engine power decrease after the patch? Not accelerating after take off as it was, also can bearly make even light turns with medium loadout without using at least stage 1 AB. In even slightly climbing turns speed drops to 3-400kph with AB at stage 2. Gliding performance seems fine, so most likely engine power is significantly decreased.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:38 PM, Devrim said:

➡️ PLEASE. We need separate "Weapon Release Mode (Fallsattomkopplare)" and "RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Valb/Prep" switches, not only "up/down" way.

I have separated UP and DOWD positions of these switches using four new lines added into  ... \Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard\default.lua. Look at the attached file.

default.lua

• Thanks 1

Thank you so so so so so much @paeagle
Happy new year! 🙂

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Trying to do a nav fix, T1 then TV, seems to wipe the data cartridge of all waypoints that were added while in the cockpit.

On the warthog throttle it was possible to add ATT/HOJD to the three way switch (PATH/ALT-HDG/ALT) where center would turn it off and UP (in my case I used up) would engage it, since the update, returning the switch to the center only disengages the HOJD and not the ATT as it did before.

When used separately the ATT never worked the same way as the ATT/HOJD, would be nice if you could fix that to make the center disengage that too.

The velocity vector also seems to be out of whack, in level flight it is high on the HUD giving the impression you are climbing.

Edited by Nevyn

Rb75 re-arm seems to be bugged (i.e. go out, shoot some rb75, re-arm, sight doesn't come back online)

CTD when accidently doing cartridge change keys (ctrl alt c, ctrl shift c) on radio group kneeboard page 

Airbase and reference kneeboard page wont change page (rshift+pgup) on uk keyboard.

If you have the cartridge selected on the groundcrew page it feels like the F10 map can go a little funky (but was tested on a busy MP server, perhaps not an issue)

I'm sure there are a few others I've forgotten, will edit if I remember them.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

On 12/31/2021 at 4:38 AM, Devrim said:

Hi! I have some buggy things to report.

➡️ Datapanel key "0" has no animation like other keys (1, 2, 3, 4...)
➡️ Rensa Button Cover toggle opens the cover but won't close.

Thanks a lot. 🖐️

The datapanel 0 lack of animation is already reported.

For the RENSA cover, try using the keybind called "Data panel RENSA cover OPEN/CLOSE" under the Navigation section.

I have submitted a suggestion for the Fallsattamkpplare and Valb/Prep keybinds as you said.

• Thanks 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 12/31/2021 at 5:29 AM, V0RTEX said:

Is the Bränselregulator switch on the right side vertical panel supposed to be in MAN position on mission start?

Wow, attention to detail!  The warning lamp comes on during startup, but turns off near the end of startup.  After that, the switch has no effect on the warning lamp.  Unclear if the switch actually does anything.  I have submitted a bug report to HB.

Parking brake - no sound when deactivated.

Confirmed and reported.

TID does not show current time.

TID/UT shows current time when you depress LS/SKU. Otherwise it shows TID information for the currently selected waypoint.

TAKT does not show which stations are loaded unless trigger is unsafe.

This is already known and tracked.

SAFE UNSAFE toggle does not select the next missile for Rb05.

Known and tracked.

NAV - all waypoints and targets drift rapidly to the left, when one gets <5km, no wind while testing. Makes PLAN ANF bombing useless.

I haven't experienced this.  Can you make a track file?

Radar - terrain avoidance, should it not show radar elevation? Actually, I can't find any sort of radar elevation indication on CI in any mode or weapon at all.

AFAIK the only mode that shows radar elevation is IR-RB.  Don't know if any other modes should have it.  I'll ask.

Either RENSA button or wpt visual/radar fix or both things f*** up the navigation. Even after landing and loading a new cartridge, the system is not fully operative as from a clean mission start. Several waypoints stuck on the same position, wrong direction for some wpts etc.

There's a known issue where now you have to press TV then T0 to complete a fix, whereas before it would complete on TV.  If you don't press T0, it "drags" the current waypoint fix along with you as you fly until you press T0.  Could this be what you're seeing?  If not, can you make a track file?  I haven't experienced any trouble like you're describing.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:27 AM, Nevyn said:

Trying to do a nav fix, T1 then TV, seems to wipe the data cartridge of all waypoints that were added while in the cockpit.

On the warthog throttle it was possible to add ATT/HOJD to the three way switch (PATH/ALT-HDG/ALT) where center would turn it off and UP (in my case I used up) would engage it, since the update, returning the switch to the center only disengages the HOJD and not the ATT as it did before.

When used separately the ATT never worked the same way as the ATT/HOJD, would be nice if you could fix that to make the center disengage that too.

The velocity vector also seems to be out of whack, in level flight it is high on the HUD giving the impression you are climbing.

I found out that pressing TV 0 after TV fix confirms the waypoint and sets it like it use to do it, basically there is an extra step involved now. Im unsure if this is actually intended or if its a bug recently introduced with the update.
Pressing TV 0 after you have used TV fix works for waypoint fixes, and also for bx waypoints for weapons like the RB15F.
Maybe this is just a work-around, but it works.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ivixor said:

I found out that pressing TV 0 after TV fix confirms the waypoint and sets it like it use to do it, basically there is an extra step involved now. Im unsure if this is actually intended or if its a bug recently introduced with the update.

The beta testers have been discussing this with one of the SMEs while all the HB guys are out on holiday.  We don't think it should work this way, and are unsure why it changed.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, VFGiPJP said:

This is known and tracked.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, Nevyn said:

I'm unclear what you mean by "wipe the data cartridge", but does this symptom still happen if you also press T0 after TV for the fix?

I think you can get what you want using these two keybinds: Autopilot HÖJD/ATT on the forward position, and Autopilot SPAK/ATT on the rear position.  That would make the rear position activate SPAK only, the middle position activate ATT, and the forward position activate HÖJD.  That is, if I understand correctly how the switch works, where the middle position is "no button" and the forward/rear positions are each a separate button that is held.

image.png

23 hours ago, Sideburns said:

Rb75 re-arm seems to be bugged (i.e. go out, shoot some rb75, re-arm, sight doesn't come back online)

CTD when accidently doing cartridge change keys (ctrl alt c, ctrl shift c) on radio group kneeboard page 

I can't reproduce this.  Is there possibly an issue with your data cartridge files?  There is some kind of issue with CTD when having too many cartridge files.

Airbase and reference kneeboard page wont change page (rshift+pgup) on uk keyboard.

Sorry that I can't reproduce this one since I have only a US keyboard.  But I have reported it.

If you have the cartridge selected on the groundcrew page it feels like the F10 map can go a little funky (but was tested on a busy MP server, perhaps not an issue)

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "have the cartridge selected"?  There is always a cartridge selected.  And what does "go a little bit funky" mean?

1 hour ago, Ivixor said:

Pressing TV 0 after you have used TV fix works for waypoint fixes, and also for bx waypoints for weapons like the RB15F.
Maybe this is just a work-around, but it works.

Ok great, I will give that a go and see what happens.

46 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I'm unclear what you mean by "wipe the data cartridge", but does this symptom still happen if you also press T0 after TV for the fix?

All the waypoints that were loaded disappear, so if you do a fix at say B1 (T1 then TV) and then you select b4 immediately after that, it's gone, it shows 0 on the distance indicator. Wiping the data cartridge was perhaps not the best way to explain it. Have not tried pressing T0 after TV, will give that a whirl.

49 minutes ago, Machalot said:

I think you can get what you want using these two keybinds: Autopilot HÖJD/ATT on the forward position, and Autopilot SPAK/ATT on the rear position.  That would make the rear position activate SPAK only, the middle position activate ATT, and the forward position activate HÖJD.  That is, if I understand correctly how the switch works, where the middle position is "no button" and the forward/rear positions are each a separate button that is held.

I would like the middle position to disengage whichever is currently active, but not SPAK. ATM you can disengage ATT (not SPAK) by flicking the switch down again while it's active, but that means you have to move the switch to the middle position first and then back to the Down position.  HOJD/ATT does not work that way. Once you move it out of the Up position to the middle position while engaged it will disengage, but since the patch it keeps ATT on and only disengages HOJD.

59 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Thank you

2 hours ago, Nevyn said:

I would like the middle position to disengage whichever is currently active, but not SPAK.

I think this is difficult because the autopilot modes are progressive, SPAK-ATT-HÖJD.  If you assign those Roman numerals, you're kind of asking for you switch positions to be:

Aft II

Middle I

Front III

Isn't it more natural to have aft as SPAK?

2 hours ago, Nevyn said:

since the patch it keeps ATT on and only disengages HOJD.

This was intentional, because pressing the HÖJD button in the cockpit should only cancel HÖJD, leaving ATT active. This was previously wrong, where the HÖJD button would cancel ATT and HÖJD.

Edited by Machalot

10 hours ago, Machalot said:

I can't reproduce this.  Is there possibly an issue with your data cartridge files?  There is some kind of issue with CTD when having too many cartridge files.

Sorry that I can't reproduce this one since I have only a US keyboard.  But I have reported it.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "have the cartridge selected"?  There is always a cartridge selected.  And what does "go a little bit funky" mean?

Thanks for the response.

Will test further on the incorrect kneeboard page for cartridge select, cartridge select up and down crash, have cleared out my cartridge file folder. Will revert back on this later tonight.

On the "funky F10 map" situation. Basically if I had the kneeboard groundcrew page open with a cartridge selected and then went to F10 map using the place marker function became unreliable / caused the F10 map to get slow / hang. Perhaps it could be an issue with scanning for markers on F10 map? I will test again offline as this was noted on a busy MP server.

Edited by Sideburns
Tryting to make unhidden, guess this is a moderation feature?

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

12 hours ago, Machalot said:

Thanks for the responses.

On the data cartridge CTD will recheck tonight. I did have a lot of cartridge files around which I have now removed.

On the funky f10 map issue. On a busy MP server (Engima's cold war, with many shapes and markers drawn) the F10 map would get slow / hang and placing of markers became unreliable while the ground crew kneeboard page was up and your own userid selected for cartridge. Will also recheck this tonight and report back.