New Callsigns!!!

Schilling

What new callsigns? I dont see any new ones ... or is it irony?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm not sure how new these are as I haven't really paid close attention to callsigns in the ME(I'm lazy I just plop planes down), but I assume Schilling is referring to these:
F-16C has Viper, Venom, Cowboy, Lobo, Python, Panther, Rattler, Wolf, Weasel, Wild, Ninja, and Jedi.
F/A-18C has Hornet, Squid, Ragin, Roman, Sting, Jury, Joker, Ram, Hawk, Devil, Check, and Snake.

Edited by PiratexCore
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

1 hour ago, PiratexCore said:

I'm not sure how new these are as I haven't really paid close attention to callsigns in the ME(I'm lazy I just plop planes down), but I assume Schilling is referring to these:
F-16C has Viper, Venom, Cowboy, Lobo, Python, Panther, Rattler, Wolf, Weasel, Wild, Ninja, and Jedi.
F/A-18C has Hornet, Squid, Ragin, Roman, Sting, Jury, Joker, Ram, Hawk, Devil, Check, and Snake.

Exactly. They weren't there before the latest patch. 

Subtle but important addition for us mission builders. That lack of variation was driving me nuts. 😉

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Schilling said:

Subtle but important addition for us mission builders. That lack of variation was driving me nuts.

Yes, but pity that they are only for the F-16 and F-18, that's why I hadn't noticed it ... the F-5E, JF-17, etc .. still have the same old callsigns 😂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Unfortunately, none of them are voiced, hopefully we'll get the communications redone (and please let there be multiple voices).

• Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I don't mind the idea of giving singular modules extra callsigns. The A-10 has had its exclusive set for ages now as well. One little advantage is that just by hearing the callsign you got a rough idea of what type that flight might be. In any case, I welcome the variety.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not. It'd require a new audio pass, and I imagine that would require bringing back the original actors, who may or may not be available. Unless the devs provided the VA, of course, in which case they might no longer be happy with the quality. There's a comms overhaul coming, and I suspect we'll get everything revoiced to SC comms standard then. 

Looks a bit to me like ED is trying to establish a whole lot of new call signs (Hornet got theirs, Apache got a bunch, Viper probably too?) so when they actually go back to the recording studio they won't find they have to redo it yet again a month later.

Don't think the 'original voice actors' are necessarily needed - seeing how the whole ATC is supposed to get a big update anyway one might just as well start all over. Not saying they couldn't be there, just saying that if one of them is not available that probably isn't a huge problem.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kang said:

Don't think the 'original voice actors' are necessarily needed

I can't imagine it's a factor at all. If the whole thing is getting an overhaul (and given then timescale of the project, it seems likely), then you've got to imagine very little, if any, of the original voice recordings will make the cut. I'd rather they re-record it all in a more accurate and natural way, and with a variety of voices.

Naturally, Wags should also be one of the primary voice actors! Maybe Wags could even do a variety of accents? Scottish Wags. French Wags. German Wags. All sound wonderful in my head 😄

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

That was exactly my point. They haven't done it, because they're overhauling the whole system, and it's not worth bringing in the original VA team to do the few extra bits like new callsigns or airbases on the new maps. They'll redo all of it sooner or later.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, Shrike88 said:

Think this would be low hanging fruit

Comments like this are kinda short sighted friend....

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 5/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, M1Combat said:

Comments like this are kinda short sighted friend....

Nope, not really. You must be new. 

At ED they miss the forest for the trees. This is common on everything.  Just do things right the first time.  Or allow the community to have a better setup with the mod community like Bohemias approach.  No idea why they encrypted the sound files. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

No idea why they encrypted the sound files.

Yeah...  short sighted.  thank you.

They encrypted the sound files because people were adding different sounds that gave a competitive advantage in multi-player.  You can still replace them and do as you wish...  just not in MP :).

As far as why the other was short sighted...

Well it's simply because you have no idea what kind of fruit it is or where it's hanging.  You say it should be low hanging fruit but then just a few posts later someone explained why it likely is not.

No...  I'm not new here ;).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)