Markpoint with HMCS only with VIS- Mode Ordnance

das Rindvieh
Go to solution Solved by TEOMOOSE,

With the HMCS it´s not possible to set a SPI outside of the hud, when you haven´t a weapon loadout which can be used in VIS mode- only GBU 12 and CBU 97 for example. You also can´t set a markpoint outside of the hud. Switching to the HMCS limits the movement of setting a markpoint with the HMCS inside the hud. If you have at least one Maverick or JDAM (whatever have a visual mode) in the loadout, everything is working as in Wags video. Is this working as intended? Won´t believe that...

Edited by das Rindvieh

• ED Team
1 hour ago, das Rindvieh said:

I don´t know, why you moved this topic, when you don´t test this in the way, as I described it... It´s definitely a bug, because Spudknocker posted a video on youtube with a workaround: 

From the team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRFABk0I1U&t=371s
No, it is correct, he should not be in CCRP. 

For what he wants to do, it will be DTOS

Until DTOS is released, better to be in CCIP to cue the location and set as Mark/Steerpoint and switch to CCRP

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I've watched the video of Spudkockers, and it's interesting. We have learned from Wags that a sensor soi needed before entering markpoint on the icp. If the HUD is soi it would automatically select the HUD option in the DED page. It was not the case in he's video. So what's the workaround ? 

A tip: press 0 on the icp after you have created the markpoint. This will make it the active steerpoint, SPI. 

Edited by TEOMOOSE
  • Like 1

That explain everything. In CCIP you can set markpoints, in CCRP not. But you can do it in CCRP with the workaround from spudknocker. But maybe the "workaround" is the bug 😉 In NAV mode the HMCS is limited to the hud when setting a markpoint...? When in AG Mode you can set one wherever you are looking.. So I guess this is working as it should then..

2 часа назад, NineLine сказал:

Teomoose you are correct but again, for a visual attack using HMCS, you'd want to be in CCIP or DTOS.

okay, but why do we choose the "HUD" function on the DED 2 times?  we made the HUD with an active sensor, turned on the MARK page on the DED there is already a HUD, then we select the "HUD" again in a circle (using SEQ) 

That's a bug. When mark mode is on all other operations (like CCRP) cease. It should transition into mark mode on the ICP 7 press without having to SEQ back around to HUD again. You're in CCRP -> You press ICP7 -> CCRP symbology is erased.

BigNewy, it's perfectly possible to HUD MARK (or HMCS mark) while in CCRP. That may not be the fastest thing if you just want weapons on target without using a markpoint but if a pilot wants to make a markpoint he can do so from CCRP just fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, Frederf said:

That's a bug. When mark mode is on all other operations (like CCRP) cease. It should transition into mark mode on the ICP 7 press without having to SEQ back around to HUD again. You're in CCRP -> You press ICP7 -> CCRP symbology is erased.

BigNewy, it's perfectly possible to HUD MARK (or HMCS mark) while in CCRP. That may not be the fastest thing if you just want weapons on target without using a markpoint but if a pilot wants to make a markpoint he can do so from CCRP just fine.

It may be possible but its not implemented. Markpoints created in VIS can be switched to ccrp at a push of a button on your hotas, by pressing "NWS".
Again this is whats working right now. 

3 hours ago, TEOMOOSE said:

Bonus clip
HMCS Markpoint from VIS CCIP to CCRP

Thank you! Your videos helped me a lot!.

Only weird thing is still that in NAV mode you don't have any visuals in the HMCS but you still can set markpoints.

Edited by P-inna
  • Like 2

Is my summarize correct?... To use the HMCS for setting a Markpoint (outside of the HUD area) 

1- CCIP Mode (it will not work in CCRP Mode)

2- Weapon loaded that is VIS mode capable and is in VIS mode.

3- A/G Mode

4- HUD SOI

5- ICP7

6- TMS up long

7- Designate the Target with HMCS with TMS up short 2x to make it a Markpoint

8- Press "0 M-Sel" to make the Markpoint the active steerpoint and SPI

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

18 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Is my summarize correct?... To use the HMCS for setting a Markpoint (outside of the HUD area) 

1- CCIP Mode (it will not work in CCRP Mode)

2- Weapon loaded that is VIS mode capable and is in VIS mode.

3- A/G Mode

4- HUD SOI

5- ICP7

6- TMS up long

7- Designate the Target with HMCS with TMS up short 2x to make it a Markpoint

8- Press "0 M-Sel" to make the Markpoint the active steerpoint and SPI

8- How do i undo making this mark the steerpoint (using O m-SET)  ?

You change the steerpoint in the normal way. If you shortcut to steer 26 by MSEL that's the exact same as increment or type in 26. To go to another number you increment or type in a different number.

E.g. to go from 26 to 6 press ICP4 6 ENT or decrement rocker 20 times.

• Like 1

Hi,

A bit counter intuitive that it should work like his to say the least (but that can also be said about VIP/VRP only working in CCRP mode 🙂 ).
But is it then a bug that if I'm in CCRP mode and use the HMCS to for setting the markpoint I can move the markpoint cursor moving my head but only within the constraints of the HUD itself?

Best, Marcel

1 hour ago, huppel said:

Hi,

A bit counter intuitive that it should work like his to say the least (but that can also be said about VIP/VRP only working in CCRP mode 🙂 ).
But is it then a bug that if I'm in CCRP mode and use the HMCS to for setting the markpoint I can move the markpoint cursor moving my head but only within the constraints of the HUD itself?

Best, Marcel

CCRP is going to work with DTOS. Currently WIP. So for now use the hmcs in ccip. Once you got the mark pusht the thing in to ccrp. How hard can it be ?

Edited by TEOMOOSE
  • Like 1