FLIR

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

Have you tried adjusting the BRT and CONT knobs on the DDI, or using manual level or gain controls in the pod itself?

Adjusting levels to extreme works but we shouldn't have to.  I have to set levels to 9 for White hot and 2 for Black hot.  And the settings are not saved for each so I have to adjust them whenever I switch.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Adjusting levels to extreme works but we shouldn't have to.  I have to set levels to 9 for White hot and 2 for Black hot.  And the settings are not saved for each so I have to adjust them whenever I switch.

Not sure how far into infrared technology ED went with this last update, however IRL gains and levels (Brightness and contrast) must be adjusted constantly, its based of frequencies of light, which vary from location to location, temperatures, atmospheric conditions such as temp/dewpoint spread, fog, etc. 

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Tested both F-16/F-18, night/day, ATFLIR, just fiddling with Brightness and contrast ( used MAN LVL too)  as usually i do, and see no major issues. And AFAIK it´s independent in each MFD as in real airframes (VR user). But that´s me.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

46 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Tested both F-16/F-18, night/day, ATFLIR, just fiddling with Brightness and contrast ( used MAN LVL too)  as usually i do, and see no major issues. And AFAIK it´s independent in each MFD as in real airframes (VR user). But that´s me.

It turns out it actually works okay.  It's just that situation is reversed.  Missions I used BH, I now have to use WH and vice versa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

It turns out it actually works okay.  It's just that situation is reversed.  Missions I used BH, I now have to use WH and vice versa.

Got it! Glad it in the end worked ok.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I know it might be considered a bit of a cheat but, when I can't see what I think I should be able to, I hit active pause. Then I try out every adjustment and every view option I can find. It is amazing how these change things. One mission using ATFLIR I need to take out two trucks parked next to a Mig. There are some combinations of adjustments where I can't even see the trucks. In the same mission I need to take out two SAM launchers. I slowly figured out that I need to fly higher to get more range for the JDAMs so I can stay out of the SAM range. Otherwise the smoke created by a SAM launch completely blocks visibility and I have to fly around waiting for the smoke to clear. I found here too that some combinations of adjustments let me see 'through' the smoke better than others.