Please keep NS430 pop-up in an absolute space like the kneeboard (not floating constantly in front of player view)

hannibal

nice to have the NS430 popup in VR! 

but it is annoying to have it floating in front of your face

please keep it in a fixed position like the kneeboard pages or show controls indicators.

ED

ARE U SERIOUS!

going to try it out when i get home from work..

please, if this is what i think it does, then my DIY NS430 control panel may see much use....

🙂

quite a surprise..

ob.jpg

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

As per the title, has anyone worked out how to re-position it?  For me, it's nearly right in the middle of my screen.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

ok.

i just tried it out.

it works, but kinda unusable for me..

anything, any thing that moves with my head is a BIG NO NO.

its nauseating, i get cross eye with the NS430 in front of my face..

there was a time where  the HUEY doorgun would do the same, follow the movement of my head until there was a great patch that uncoupled the doorgun from my face..

i hope the NS430 can be decoupled from my face in the future.

the Show control indicator is just right where it stays off the side by not following my face.

if the NS430 can be similar to the icon map in iL2, that would be PERFECT

just like the exit menu staying in place, please make NS430 overlay stay in one place and not follow my head direction

thank you for the recent update, i look forward to updates to come...

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hannibal said:

just like the exit menu staying in place, please make NS430 overlay stay in one place and not follow my head direction

I can pass it along to devs, but I need other players to express the same need, first.

Let's use this other thread to work on this issue:

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Do you want it to be re-positionable exactly like the kneeboard? Or something else? (sorry, I don't have VR, I can only imagine how it looks like)

that would be perfect..

Just imagine that you have a baseball cap on, and on this baseball cap, there is a GPS panel stuck on it covering the front of your face.

no matter where you look, the GPS is in front of you.

YESSSS, if the GPS popup could be like the DCS VR kneeboard popup, it would be next to perfect!! if the NS430 could be like the kneeboard in VR, but with a way to adjust the position (like editing a lua file) THIS IS ALL I ASK OF THIS WONDERFUL ADD ON.

it can be cumbersome to program the GPS in flight, and sometimes, me as a pilot will glance away from the panel to get situational awareness.

WE NEED 2 things from this GPS in VR...

1)  UN-COUPLE the GPS from head movement so you can freely look anywhere around even away from the GPS popup, when the GPS popup is enable 

2) ADJUSTABLE POSITIONING (currently in the center) personally i would like the GPS popup to be away from the center, i like to glance at the popup to the lower left, as if the popup was locked to the right cockpit panel area... the VR position "show controls indicator" works nicely also for where it is, allowing us to move it around would be beneficial. 

3) adjust size of GPS pop-up

4) toggle between whole NS430 bezel OR screen output only..

i hope the NS430 can be decoupled from my face in the future.

the Show control indicator is just right where it stays off the side by not following my face.

if the NS430 can be similar to the icon map in iL2, (lock on to the virtual cockpit and on the bottom right (or left) side, that would be PERFECT

ALSO, THINK steamVR Dashboard! the steamVR dashboard is Not Locked to your head movement..

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

Agreed with the post above, would be ace to both de-couple and also move it around on screen.  One additional idea would be the ability to re-size.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

owe wow, yea.. resize would be nice.... also

if there is an option to to toggle between show/hide GPS popup, but also a toggle to show between a) only the GPS screen output and b) the entire GPS screen output and button bezel  (as it is currently)

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@Flappie and @BIGNEWY any update on this? Why has it been placed on the back burner, this is a immersion killer that could be fixed. The ability to move and resize and lock in place would be stellar. I know most modules won’t get the 3D hard mount. Yet if we could move and leave, for example just sitting on the dash of the huey or the empty space next to vvi, it would be super helpful. 

• Like 1

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, jnr4817 said:

@Flappie and @BIGNEWY any update on this? Why has it been placed on the back burner, this is a immersion killer that could be fixed. The ability to move and resize and lock in place would be stellar. I know most modules won’t get the 3D hard mount. Yet if we could move and leave, for example just sitting on the dash of the huey or the empty space next to vvi, it would be super helpful. 

+1. I like to use this so I  can fly old aircraft in a modern (non-combat) setting. The VR 3d model looks fantastic, but it would be great if it can be located in a locked position. Even if it cuts through the cockpit like the kneeboard. 

Edited by Hoirtel

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2021 at 1:21 AM, hannibal said:

ok.

i just tried it out.

it works, but kinda unusable for me..

FYI I made a workaround with my mod to use the NS430 with the Hind in VR. I need to validate it before releasing, so you will not be able to get it yet...

When you press a key, the GPS is hidden and the display is blocked on left corner of GUI, so it stay in place. Of course, you will have to map keys to change GPS option, or toggle it on to press the key.

Screen_221006_144131.jpg

Example when mod option ON

Screen_221006_144142.jpg

Screen_221006_143847.jpg

Screen_221006_143855.jpg

Screen_221001_145121.jpg

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

3 hours ago, jnr4817 said:

Can you place it where ever you want? Will it work with other modules?

Yes, but only in the area in which gui is displayed (briefing, menu,...) so in a fixed rectangle between you and the front of the cockpit. For the moment I will not release a menu to scale / move the display. I had to tune the VS used for the Mi24, so it may work only for her, except if the shader is the same for other module.  It is also working for the UH1, it seems she shares the same shaders than the mi24...

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste