Voice chat issues with transmit and receive audio

RogueRunner

Tried it today after the patch dropped.

One buddy could hear me, another could not. I could not hear any of them.

However, in Discord and SRS we could hear each other just fine. Audio settings was the same for all applications.

I could see my radio receiving  something (green button) just no audio.

• Like 3

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

We have the same issue, 2 players with exact same audio settings for there HP G2 and setup the same in DCS audio settings.

1 can be heard and hear others, the other can be seen transmitting but we cant hear him and he doesn't hear us

Discord and SRS is fine for them.

• 2 months later...

Its still broken after the last patch, we have tried many times to use this, some people can hear each other when in modules, others still cant but can see the transmit keys activating.

We have set up everyone who cant hear on the same settings that others can hear each other on confirmed we can hear each other in SRS, nothing, its broken, we have gone back to SRS again.

Will check next update

• ED Team
03.04.2022 в 02:00, Hotdognz сказал:

Its still broken after the last patch, we have tried many times to use this, some people can hear each other when in modules, others still cant but can see the transmit keys activating.

We have set up everyone who cant hear on the same settings that others can hear each other on confirmed we can hear each other in SRS, nothing, its broken, we have gone back to SRS again.

Will check next update

Please tell us in more detail in which planes you see the transmission, but do not hear it? Check on the current OB, please.

5 hours ago, GORNYAK said:

Please tell us in more detail in which planes you see the transmission, but do not hear it? Check on the current OB, please.

I will check with the current OB this weekend and test with the modules I have and repost back.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having this issue in DCS 2.9. Other players on our server can hear me, but I can't hear them. They can hear each other. I can hear the mic click when they start transmitting, but I don't receive any voice audio. Anyone else having this issue?

• Like 4

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

22 hours ago, SignorMagnifico said:

I'm having this issue in DCS 2.9. Other players on our server can hear me, but I can't hear them. They can hear each other. I can hear the mic click when they start transmitting, but I don't receive any voice audio. Anyone else having this issue?

Yep, same issue. Then if someone leaves and re-joins, the 2 people that could hear each other previously, can no longer hear each other. I get the static noise but no Audio, I've tried every single setting and it just doesn't work, changing from 7.1 to below doesn't work either.

We found out 2 issues:

One team mate realized that the master volume in the settings in the VC overlay was set to 0% - for what reason ever.

We had the finding that I could hear my teammate but he could not hear me. When I re-entered the freq or changed to another freq it worked.

Maybe you want to check this out too that the transmitter that cannot be heard re-enters the freq.

• Like 2

This was just a proposal for a possible quickfix. We had the same issue and this fixed the problem.
Needs not to be the case but if you checked this out - at least with one or two team mates - and it would also solve the problem, you could report and ED would be able to dig into deeper.

• Like 1

We did some more testing yesterday in our squadron. We were 6 pilots in different airframes, 4 of them in multicrew in 2  Apaches.
Unfortunately I have to state that we were not able to get Voice Comm to work for all pilots despite the fact that we followed our internal setup guide properly.

We faced the already known issues but could not find out any dependencies or root causes.

+ when joining the server we could not see all pilots in the chat rooms, only part of them
+ it took about 15 minutes then suddenly all pilots were visible in the chatrooms
+ some pilots heard the others over radio but could not transmit
+ the hotfixes (re-entering freqs) did not work

• Thanks 1

We had the same issues last night.  Two out of the 6 people saw everyone but the remaining only saw 2-3 and sometimes not the same 2-3.  Then Poof..........it worked

• Thanks 1

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

We have seen loads of issues similar to above posts

After more testing we wont be moving to it any time soon until it gets an update again, tested with 6x squad members.

4x F16 had a good test on 305mhz, but the other radio was problematic and very inconstant

Squad mate in an Apache tuned to 305, we could hear him, he could hear some of us, couldn't hear me, I then jumped in an Apache then it became very inconstant who could hear wo and who could transmit couldn't hear, in the Apache only 1 of the 5 radios worked as it should.

So its very hit and miss at the moment and not worth even trying to get everyone in our Discord group on it as id say there is a less than 30%-40% chance that it will work correctly.

So well stick to SRS for now which just works as it should

I will say this its nice when it works, the radio effects are really well done and I really like the over all sound of it as a radio, if it was 100% reliable and all the issues and changes are made (key bindings mostly) we would consider moving.

It took 2 years from the fist integration of the ED VOIP system and then it sat gather dust, there seems to be a big more thought and effort put it here, I just hope it doesnt take 2 more years for the next update.

Am 24.10.2023 um 15:38 schrieb btd:

The work on the mi-8 sounds is still in progress. I have to say sorry, cause something has already got into the update, but it is not the final version. We are working on it. Please wait for new updates. And hope for your understanding

Am 24.10.2023 um 06:50 schrieb Thomas_GER:

+ it took about 15 minutes then suddenly all pilots were visible in the chatrooms

+ some pilots heard the others over radio but could not transmit
+ the hotfixes (re-entering freqs) did not work

Wir had some tests in our group.

Unfortunately, we had these completely random failures as well.

All in the AH-64. The same frequencies. Some of them heard me. Some didn't. Then on another frequency, 2 out of 4 heard me. On the third again none. One we have heard only completely consumed. No pattern recognizable.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Hotdognz:

So its very hit and miss at the moment and not worth even trying to get everyone in our Discord group on it as id say there is a less than 30%-40% chance that it will work correctly.

So well stick to SRS for now which just works as it should

I will say this its nice when it works, the radio effects are really well done and I really like the over all sound of it as a radio, if it was 100% reliable and all the issues and changes are made (key bindings mostly) we would consider moving.

It took 2 years from the fist integration of the ED VOIP system and then it sat gather dust, there seems to be a big more thought and effort put it here, I just hope it doesnt take 2 more years for the next update.

SRS isn't retiring on us after all. We're sticking with it for now.
We hope for a quick fix from ED, otherwise the voice chat might not get a chance. And that would be a real shame, because IF it works, THEN it's great.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

hi guys

similar to problem above, on MP with one other person settings the same, he can hear me in the spit  all i can hear is static and his voice in the background although i cant understand a word he's saying, also both tried the F18. Also tried in AV8B and the voice chat doesn't work at all for either of us...obviously issues with it atm.

If anyone has a fix please let me know.

Our comms work fine on srs and discord so its not our rigs