Tek Creations IFEI and Video Record Panels

hrnet940

I am wondering if anyone else has these panels and having similar issues that I am encountering.  My Video Record panel is plugged in to the back of the IFEI and the IFEI brightness control is acting as a very sensitive aileron trim control.  Also, none of the switches work.  I tried to switch its mode with pushing and holding the MODE switch while pushing the QTY UP key.  The unit does flash to let me know that something has happened, but it is still the same.  Is there a correct time to do this, like after powered up, but before getting in to the hornet or something else? 

I am also having a problem with DCS BIOS crashing on me at around 16 minutes after starting a flight.  I had to load a different plugin for DCS BIOS to get the IFEI display to work properly and I think that is where the problem lies; that software has bugs in it.  Can someone provide some guidance on how to correct this, if possible, so I can fly and enjoy my new cockpit additions.  

I have been emailing back and forth with Kieron at Tek Creations and they have been great, but I presume that they are on Christmas break and it could be a few days before I get word back from the email that I sent today. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Wayne Wilson

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I don't know if I can help but I have the IFEI panel but I don't have the Video Record Panel, and my IFEI panel is working great.  Are these the only two TEK Creation panels you have connected to your rig? You stated that DCS BIOS was crashing after 16 mins of flight, when this happens do your other panel (if you have any) freeze and will not receive input? Are you running windows 10 or 11? I had a similiar problem with DCS BIOS and found out the Windows 11 set all of my USB hubs to allow the computer to turn them off to save battery power after being idle for a while. I changed the setting back in the device manager and no more problems with the panels freezing. I also had to install a new plugin for the F-18 to get the IFEI to work properly, and no problems with it.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 4 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:39 PM, hrnet940 said:

I am wondering if anyone else has these panels and having similar issues that I am encountering.  My Video Record panel is plugged in to the back of the IFEI and the IFEI brightness control is acting as a very sensitive aileron trim control.  Also, none of the switches work.  I tried to switch its mode with pushing and holding the MODE switch while pushing the QTY UP key.  The unit does flash to let me know that something has happened, but it is still the same.  Is there a correct time to do this, like after powered up, but before getting in to the hornet or something else? 

I am also having a problem with DCS BIOS crashing on me at around 16 minutes after starting a flight.  I had to load a different plugin for DCS BIOS to get the IFEI display to work properly and I think that is where the problem lies; that software has bugs in it.  Can someone provide some guidance on how to correct this, if possible, so I can fly and enjoy my new cockpit additions.  

I have been emailing back and forth with Kieron at Tek Creations and they have been great, but I presume that they are on Christmas break and it could be a few days before I get word back from the email that I sent today. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Wayne Wilson

Did you ever find a soulition to the problems you where experincing? I'm starting to have the same problems now with my TEK Creations controllers also. I have all the recent firmware updates installed, but the panels freeze about 20 mins of use.  It's my understanding his F-18 controller will not work in the DCS Flight Panel fork either.  Maybe he is working on a code up date for his controllers.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Ok, thanks that will probably solve alot of problems.

Spoiler:

Yep that is the goal to try and sort out issues like this, I personally still run HUB version without any hangs/crashes, but getting more and more reports of people getting issues now.

Doing all the backend work, getting ready to migrate over in the next few weeks hopefully for some beta testers

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way" (Gen. George Patton)

https://www.tekcreations.space

I finally got all my issues ironed out  at the moment, just a small ghost to work out. But all my TEK panels are working  excellent at the moment without any crashes.  Still looking forward to  the Flight Panel switch over. 

Spoiler:

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back here.  I have my issues figured out and the TekCreations IFEI panel works great now.  It was preset to be the aileron trim in the DCS controller assignment.  After I noticed that and fixed it, it works great.  I feel like a bit of a goober not checking there first.  Learning curve issue, LOL!!!

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

I learned the hard way to check the settings page each time I added a controller or added a new aircraft to go in and clear all axis/only commands for that controller even if it wasn't an axis-type controller. Added K51's RPY trim box, and it has eight-axis outputs, along with my BlackHog, TMWH stick, and throttle I've got eighteen-axis controls. LOL... On the BlackHog, and K51 I use joy2key and get a few axis to button functions out of the K-51 box.

Sempre Fortis