Mosquito Handling, what happened?

Bozon

^ Indeed, that was the biggest "selling point" of yesterday's patch for me. And a great relief that the devs reacted to this request / suggestion relatively fast (for DCS standards that is). 

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:46 AM, Holbeach said:

Nothing changed here. Taxi T/O and landing same as before, but I'll keep checking.

Brakes were locking solid from about 2 patches ago, lifting tail with the slightest touch and then nosing over, something a Mosquito doesn't do. Noted by several people.

I cured it with a work round. Limit brake pressure to 40 lb.

Explain your fix please, the brakes are a colossal pain in the ass..... the Tokyo drift on take off is very annoying too. Once in the air I love it. 

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

9 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Explain your fix please, the brakes are a colossal pain in the ass..... the Tokyo drift on take off is very annoying too. Once in the air I love it. 

Hoss

The digital switch implementation of the wheel brakes were instantly full on, so I believe reducing the pressure allowed them to be less full on.

The latest patch has changed them to work like the Spitfire, pressing and holding the button gradually increases pressure, so by tapping the lever it is possible to apply and maintain lower pressure.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• ED Team
9 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

Biggest seller of this plane should be the ability to use fuzed bombs for its real life ops, released 17th Sept 2021, 5 months on and still not an option 😞, at least the brakes were fixed.

fuzed bombs are not just a mossie feature, its a dcs core feature for all aircraft historical and modern and it will take time.

Regarding the handling, if you are still having issues attach a short track replay example so we can check it. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

fuzed bombs are not just a mossie feature, its a dcs core feature for all aircraft historical and modern and it will take time.

The P51 without fuzed bombs has been around for coming up to 10 years.  Bomb fuzing has been a bug bear since almost day 1 of the warbirds. 10 years later a module that is almost exclusivley a low level bomb truck is introduced along with "jericho" assets for one of the most famous uses of delayed fuze bombing of the second world war. 

But the abilty to fulfil its primary task remains "to do".

Is 10 years not more than enough time....even by DCS standards? 

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

13 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Hoss

Do this for any slider or rotator.

It simply limits the travel of the lever for a max of 40 lb.

This means you can apply full brakes without fear of a nose over or tail lift, which will damage the tailwheel.

The wheel brakes themself, are the problem, not the lever travel or brake pressure.

This is a work-round for a problem caused by an update and needs to be fixed.

DCS Mossie Slider.jpg

Edited by Holbeach
  • Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

5 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

The digital switch implementation of the wheel brakes were instantly full on, so I believe reducing the pressure allowed them to be less full on.

The latest patch has changed them to work like the Spitfire, pressing and holding the button gradually increases pressure, so by tapping the lever it is possible to apply and maintain lower pressure.

I'm using my right toe brake axis, I've played with the curves forever and if you breath on it the tail comes off the ground. I'll try this curve and see what happens. Thanks

Hoss

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

15 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

the Tokyo drift on take off is very annoying too. 

The lack of grip from the tyres makes takeoff a bit easier as you tend to slide rather than tip over, so it’s been suggested anyway. When the Spitfire was released it used to tip quite easily on the narrow undercarriage, there was endless bitching about it, the tyre grip was reduced and the complaints went away.

I think it feels OK from the cockpit but looks a bit weird from the outside.

I use an old CH Flightstick as an analog brake and have 3D printed a brake lever to replace the grip. With a decent amount of travel it is easy to control the brakes just as I imagine using the lever in the real Mosquito. I think the biggest issue is the hardware we have rather than the brake model. That said given most of us don’t have decent analog brake levers a workaround is needed to use what we have.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat