Outstanding WWII issues

Scoll

"As the end of the year approaches, the upcoming Open Beta will mark an important update to DCS World. We are currently resolving some of the outstanding WWII issues..." we will, we will, promises, always promises....

Indeed, Instant action missions to Marianas and Instant action mission Low Level Hell to Channel map are the most outstanding WWII issues that we expect.

(to compare, just look at the number of modifications on DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations)

Where are outstanding WWII issues resolved promised ?

Disappointed ...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

What issues are you talking about exactly?

It's X-mas time, so We shouldn't start an argument....so this is going to be my first and last one post here... but after all this past times and after all those outstanding reported issues.... and you need an "exact" list from a customer? Have you sent  the last one list to the trash can? We don't even know the official issues you've been supposed to work on them point by point....

Just an example: I've reported 3 issues from September till last wednesday... no one of them has been adressed in this last update, neither "the simpliest to fix" one. I could be empathic, but don't tigh too much some kind of situations. 

The only I could say is THANKS to a third party who had done a huge revamp in his campaigns bypassing the map "known issues", but by far away no one can mistake that bypass with "resolving some WW2 issues", they're still there. If you need a list.... ask to the WW2 Team dev. Chief, or whatever you call it, if you want to know "exactly".... and it would be a great gesture from you to us (DCS WW2 Customers) if you make that list public... just to be fare and clear for next times possible complains/reports.  

Merry X-mas to Everybody

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Sadly as per the newsletter today:

"In the Latest Open Beta 2.7.9 Release, we added C-47 to the DCS: WWII Assets Pack. You may also notice the new RP-3 rockets on the Mosquito. A number of long awaited graphical issues are also resolved, especially for the FW 190 Dora and Anton. We look forward to your comments.   "

It appears that none of the longstanding actual issues have been addressed in this patch, that does not mean that work is not ongoing but not ready for this patch.  More careful consideration of the wording prior to releasing the patch may have prevented disappointment.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Seriously? The bugs are legion and some are particularly irritating since they are literally a couple of minutes worth of lua editing to fix. If you don't know what they are you clearly have not been paying attention or there is no proper bug tracker.

Proper software development companies, AAA game producers included, have a bug tracker that beta testers can report bugs through and track the status.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Shocking !

... but... , this is ED talking about "... outstanding WWII issues..." ( extract from Graphics news 17 Dec 2021 )

you can find them here, all those reported and unresolved :

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/261-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/343-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/297-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/882-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/254-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/882-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/279-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/203-bugs-and-problems/ , https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/159-bugs-and-problems/

Sorry to say that but, the naivety of your question shows how much you follow the subject and especially the degree of consideration of users using your WWII modules.

"A number of long awaited graphical issues are also resolved, especially for the FW 190 Dora and Anton. We look forward to your comments. " ( extract from Graphics last news 24 Dec 2021 : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.9.17830/ )

Are these all the few issues solved ?

( extract from : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.9.17830/ )

DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Anton by Eagle Dynamics

• Added missed panels of the armored glass frame
  • Fixes to the cockpit frame and canopy bolts (flashing textures)
  • Fixed a typo in the Außenanschluß
  • The cockpit model’s polygons are visible through the fuselage - fixes
  • Minor improvement to the canopy opening animation
  • Antennae does not connect with vertical stab - fixed
  • Added software dynamic reflections for the cockpit
  • Edited tail numbers animation to allow using single-digit.
  • Edited inner shape of adjustable stabilizer, edited angle of the front right wheel.

DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora by Eagle Dynamics

• Tailwheel sunken into ground - fixed
  • Interior parts are visible thru the fuselage - fixed
  • Raindrops are visible inside the front glass - fixed
  • Improvements to the cockpit’s outer shape
  • Duplicate parts of the tail - fixed
  • Added Instant action mission Low Level Hell to Channel map

We expect more attention from ED about WWII modules and environnement in 2022 !

Merry X-mas to Everybody who cares 🙂 !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

It's X-mas time, so We shouldn't start an argument....so this is going to be my first and last one post here... but after all this past times and after all those outstanding reported issues.... and you need an "exact" list from a customer? Have you sent  the last one list to the trash can? We don't even know the official issues you've been supposed to work on them point by point....

Merry X-mas to Everybody

Just to clarify, @Flappie doesn't work for ED and doesn't get paid for all the hard volunteer work he does on these forums trying to help folks. I can only take his question at honest face value, trying to see if there are any specific problems which he might happen know if they are already known/unknown/being worked on/unreported  etc.

Thanks for your efforts Flap!

And Happy Holidays All. 🎄

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 6

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

+1

While still quite disappointing seeing those fixes being labeled as "outstanding issues", it's a good start seeing fixes but they should have chosen different words. Longstanding or too-much-postponed issues would have fit those fixes better.

And I'm happy we have Flappie, as he seems to be one of the few if not the only one from ED caring about bug reports regarding WWII.

Edited by razo+r

Again, Flappie is not an ED-guy, and, if I recall correctly, not much of a WWII modules user either, so his question might have been honest.

That being said, I also expected more changes after the newsletter quote above. Oh well, back to the "standard" fixing priority and pace it seems. Let's not worry. If a 3-year old flap indicator bug on Dora got fixed in 2.7.9, we'll surely see current issues sorted by 2025 ;).

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To clarifiy, Flappie ( btw he is not tagged as Independent or DCS Beta Tester or some thing like that but as ED Beta Testers ) is not the target of this Topic but ED behavior.

He just responded inappropriately to a subject, as is customary here, he has nothing to do in this story.

This topic aims to underline how ED, until today, always hides behind language elements to mask their obvious lack of interest for their WWII modules customers.

Many of us are waiting for ED to show us the opposite !

We want a clear schedule of the fixing bugs already reported.

Edited by Scoll
addition of the last sentence
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, Scoll said:

To clarifiy, Flappie ( btw he is not tagged as Independent or DCS Beta Tester or some thing like that but as ED Beta Testers ) is not the target of this Topic but ED behavior.

He just responded inappropriately to a subject, as is customary here, he has nothing to do in this story.

'ED beta testers' means I participate in the ED beta test program. I agree the name of the group can be misleading. Remember this: ED crew have blue nicknames. However, whatever the nickname's color, please stay courteous.

English is not my native language, but still, how is that inappropriate to ask someone who's in pain "where does it hurt"? There was no malice in my message, and I'm sorry if you guys took it that way.

Recently, I started working on WWII bug reports, even though I don't fly warbirds, like Art-J guessed. This explains why I don't know much about WWII-specific bugs you guys encounter on a daily basis. My post was a way to ask for enlightenment. Next time, I will refrain to ask.

Happy Christmas to all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

There needs to be some sort of bug report / tracking implementation here, otherwise what's the point in people going to the effort of even reporting them. It seems like people have no idea if their bug is on a list, what priority, if any is given to that list. 

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

There is one already. It works with thread tags:

• Reported: the issue is acknowledged and tracked internally, or "on a list" if you prefer.
  • Correct as is: the issue is not considered as an issue but as a feature.
  • Track needed/cannot reproduce: testers need more proof to identify the issue as a bug. Short tracks are very useful to testers.
  • Fixed internally: a working fix is coming.

And that's all you need to know, really. Here's an example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/423-ai-bugs-non-combined-arms/

When there's no tag and no news since a few weeks, you can gently bump the subject saying something like "The issue is still present for me, here's a short track".

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

When there's no tag and no news since a few weeks, you can gently bump the subject saying something like "The issue is still present for me, here's a short track".

Could you please ask the moderators to not close bug reports, once they are reported?(and reopen the closed ones). Unfortunately since a year(or so) bug reports get closed, so a bump is not possible.

Thank you for your effort.

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

It is tough to follow up with all the daily new posts of the entire forum, believe me. I assume moderators close bug reports threads (once bugs are reported) to help lowering the number of daily posts. I prefer not to interfere. I have no power over moderators anyway.

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

It is tough to follow up with all the daily new posts of the entire forum, believe me. I assume moderators close bug reports threads (once bugs are reported) to help lowering the number of daily posts. I prefer not to interfere. I have no power over moderators anyway.

I know mate. It just gets so incredible frustrating to have a bug reported (a) year(s) ago, then have it finally acknowledged some 6-12 months ago, thread closed.... and nothing happens. That is just bad customer appreciation.

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

9 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

I know mate. It just gets so incredible frustrating to have a bug reported (a) year(s) ago, then have it finally acknowledged some 6-12 months ago, thread closed.... and nothing happens. That is just bad customer appreciation.

Just send a PM to a mod with a list of all issues you think should be pushed again. If you do that enough many times, either they actually push it, or ignore it like before. Nothing to lose.