Purchasing Russian Version then Western Version?

SlyBelle

All the great posts here makes me eager to want to purchase this game. However, since everything appears to be in Russian, could be daunting.

Therefore, I have a question. If I purchase the Russian version now, would I have to re-purchase the Western version when it comes out if I want things in English? Or will there be some kind of upgrade/patch that will allow me to apply it to the Russian version?

I would hate to have to purchase two versions.

Thanks!

I think its pretty much a given that the western version will require a separate purchase from the Russian version and that those who purchase the Russian version will still need to purchase the western version separately should they decide to do so. This is the way it should be. Localizing this simulator and converting it into English is not as simple as snapping one's fingers. The manuals need to be rewritten, the code for the game may even needed to be rewritten. Doing this takes a lot of time and resources. I'm still shocked that the Russian version only cost $24.99...that has to be the greatest bargain in PC gaming history!

ED...make me pay for the western version...you deserve it.

Russian version only cost $24.99...that has to be the greatest bargain in PC gaming history!

Indeed. That's why i bought russian downloadable version right away after i find out it's possible. It's so small amount of cash that even expansions cost more than that usually.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

I would hate to have to purchase two versions.

LOL! Yeah it sucks to support these lazy developers... They should be ashamed of themselves. :doh: :D

Its all your decision my friend. No need to hate anyone. ;)

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

LOL! Yeah it sucks to support these lazy developers... They should be ashamed of themselves. :doh: :D

Its all your decision my friend. No need to hate anyone. ;)

Regards

Alex

Not sure where I ever mentioned in my original post that I did not want to support these developers or gave any indication they were lazy. I simply asked the question to see if it was possible to get the English version later through a patch or something (some software makes language mods available). That question was answered and I accept that and will make my decision based on it.

Although I'm all for supporting developers when they come out with a good product like this seems, I'm not sure most people make it a regular habit to buy the same product twice. I guess it is every person's own decision.

Again, I mean no disrespect to the developers or other people here on the forum. It does seem like it has the potential to be a very good game and will most defintely purchase once the English version comes out.

I

We should ALL buy two versions to support the DSC team, imagine how much you get for such a small sum like this game costs. And if you cant afford two versions try to spread the word of the great work DSC is doing for simulators. A sure positive choise of intellect and hard work in a world unsually spiraling towards lazyness and stupidity..

Im supporting DCS by buying 2 copies (1 for safe keeping) of each and every module (english versions). If i was a millionare i would probably empty all game shops around me and hand out the sim to everyone i know. Sorry to say though, im not yet there. :)

@Slybelle

You didnt mention that devs where lazy, that was my funny (or boring) humour. ;)

Regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I bought the Russian version because I really couldn't stand all the chatter and screen shots without experiencing it myself. I'm not getting the full experience because I don't understand the training or the mission chatter/updates etc. I will be buying the english version once it drops, just couldn't pass up the price and the learning process.

Love it! If you're thinking about it and you have the extra funds...i say go for it!!

I bought the Russian version because I really couldn't stand all the chatter and screen shots without experiencing it myself. I'm not getting the full experience because I don't understand the training or the mission chatter/updates etc. I will be buying the english version once it drops, just couldn't pass up the price and the learning process.

Love it! If you're thinking about it and you have the extra funds...i say go for it!!

Thanks everybody...the price is certainly right. My only other concern right now is I don't really have any of the flight equipment like a flight stick. All I have is standard mouse and keyboard. From what I heard, doesn't really sound sufficient for this type of game. Maybe when I get some extra $$$ and can afford both the game and controls, I can give it a try. By that time, maybe the english version will be out then, but I'm guessing the price will be much higher then:(

I say I'd like to wait and get 2 physical copies of the English version when it comes out.

Two problems lie ahead: A - My hardware's over two years old and I don't have enough cash for a new set. & B - I've been burning at both ends for a month and will stay this way till next Feb when my project is due to complete.

It sucks a little bit, but it ain't gonna hold me back from this great sim.

Thanks everybody...the price is certainly right. My only other concern right now is I don't really have any of the flight equipment like a flight stick. All I have is standard mouse and keyboard. From what I heard, doesn't really sound sufficient for this type of game. Maybe when I get some extra $$$ and can afford both the game and controls, I can give it a try. By that time, maybe the english version will be out then, but I'm guessing the price will be much higher then:(

Well Sly you are totally right about mouse and keyboard not sufficient for a Flight-sim! (it is not a game it's a sim :music_whistling:)

total minimum is a joystick of some sort,

even tho i would recommend a Hotas, Pedals and Track IR. ( in that row)

In your situation i would prolly save up the money and not buy the russian version, but get the hardware first. ( And dont forget to write a nice letter to santa, he might bring you a cougar, ch pedals and track ir 4 ) lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

Well Sly you are totally right about mouse and keyboard not sufficient for a Flight-sim! (it is not a game it's a sim :music_whistling:)

In your situation i would prolly save up the money and not buy the russian version, but get the hardware first. ( And dont forget to write a nice letter to santa, he might bring you a cougar, ch pedals and track ir 4 ) lol

and he may go with the triggerhappy69 solution as well. lol.

Thanks for the info and sounds like the right thing to do. This might be the wrong place to ask this, but can anybody recommend any reasonably affordable controls? I do not need the top of the line, just something that will work with the majority of simulators out there. Thanks.

Ive already bought the download version and the physical copy from qpig.ru, but if the price is right ill pick up the us version as well, however it would be real nice if they had a patch, but im not holding my breath, and I dont mind buying 3 copies of the game, I think these guys deserve it.

hmm sly hard to say since i only know my thrustmaster hotas cougar (yes santa was nice to me once too ) , but form what i heard so far the saitek x52 like recommended above tends to break pretty easily. ( as i said i heard that please dont flame me now)

The cheapest solution would probably be to check out ebay for a used saitek x45 (the older model). Or you might even get a cheap deal on a hotas cougar on ebay (which is kinda the top of the line joystick)

Anyhow what should be important is that you get a HOTAS, if you are really interested in flight-sims.

problem is that i dont know where you are from or i would look more precisely into the prices for you...

just drop me a pm and i will search some stuff for you, if you want

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)