uncoupled aiming bind to joystick

Uncoupled aiming is a feature activated by R shift + T. It allows the TrackIR to direct the gunsight. I would like to bind it to a button on my throttle or joystick but the controls dialog does not allow this. I added Y as another keybinding for uncoupled aiming and it showed up in the file: 

C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\UH-1H\keyboard.lua

as

["d3005pnilunilcd46vd0vpnilvunil"] = {
			["added"] = {
				[1] = {
					["key"] = "Y",
				},
			},
			["name"] = "Uncoupled Aiming On/Off",
		},

So I copied that code into the file for my WinWing throttle:

C:\Users\Stefan\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\UH-1H\joystick\WINWING THROTTLE BASE1 + F18 HANDLE {E33C7250-60FB-11ec-8002-444553540000}.diff.lua

This is the file that has all the modified keybindings for the throttle. I added

["d3005pnilunilcd46vd0vpnilvunil"] = {
			["added"] = {
				[1] = {
					["key"] = "JOY_BTN13",
				},
			},
			["name"] = "Uncoupled Aiming On/Off",
		},

but the adjust controls dialog still does not allow me to enter anything for this function on my throttle.

So then I looked for the uncoupled Aiming hotkey in the file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H\joystick\default.lua

and found a bunch of commands for the category 'View cockpit'. A similar command for enabling head shift is

{down = iCommandViewPitHeadOnOff, name = _('Head shift movement on / off'), category = _('View Cockpit')},

so I added

{down = iCommandViewPUncoupledAim,    name = _('Uncoupled Aiming On/Off'),    category = _('View Cockpit')},

I invented the 'down = iCommandViewPUncoupledAim, '

Now the adjust controls dialog allows me to bind a button from my throttle to the command 'Uncoupled Aiming On/Off'

However, it still does not work in game. Also there are two entries for this command in the dialog like so:

Untitled.jpg

That they are orange is telling me something is off.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 1 month later...

This works 

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS