ECM transmit switch positions

Dannyvandelft
Go to solution Solved by TEOMOOSE,

On 8/14/2022 at 12:58 PM, skywalker22 said:

As far as all manuals say, when having XMIT knob to 1, FCR should operate normally. Or am I missing something, maybe the proximity of the bandit(s) and ECM constantly transmitting (you hear that constant beeping sound) & does not allow FCR to work? Or is simply a bug?

Wait,

the beeping sound is not from ECM, it is from RWR warning you that some radar is focusing you, when ECM is transmitting the green light labeled ECM on the MASTER ARM panel will light up.

Poisition 1 and 2 on the XMIT switch are for the SPJ (self protection jammer) mode and 3 is for barrage mode.

No one mentions the difference between 1 and 2 on the XMIT switch,

I guess 2 stops the FCR from working and 1 leaves the FCR on but with less power since FCR loses lock when ECM is transmitting, I tested it too and in position 1 FCR works, when I swtich 2 it stops, then if I go back to 1 it wont turn on.

11 hours ago, Furiz said:

No one mentions the difference between 1 and 2 on the XMIT switch,

I guess 2 stops the FCR from working and 1 leaves the FCR on but with less power since FCR loses lock when ECM is transmitting, I tested it too and in position 1 FCR works, when I swtich 2 it stops, then if I go back to 1 it wont turn on.

17 hours ago, llOPPOTATOll said:

Betty always says “chaff flare”, Betty has no way of knowing what exactly is being dispensed so it just says both

Actually, would 'she' not know since it is already programmed (PRGM 1-6) and pilot-selected? Furthermore, for SEMI and AUTO modes, CMS Aft (in this F16) will only ever dispense chaff, never any flares. But I guess "chaff flare" is an easy generalisation, just that it sounds a bit odd when you know you aren't dispensing both types. Would have been nice to know (like a confirmation) if you are dispensing one (CH) or the other (FL), or both.   

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

When in AUTO and XMIT1, I can have FCR when the ECM is transmitting (Ts are lit). If I move the switch to XMIT2 (ECM is still transmitting), I lose FCR which is correct I gather. But when I move the switch back to XMIT1 (ECM is still transmitting), I cannot get back FCR even if I switch ECM to STBY (all Ss lit) unless I switch ECM off. Seems I have to wait for ECM transmitting to end first, then flip the switch from XMIT1 to XMIT2 to get back FCR, then back to XMIT1 (I want to remain in XMIT1). It's as if the logic got stuck in XMIT2. Is this intended or a bug/WIP?

Thanks

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

5 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Actually, would 'she' not know since it is already programmed (PRGM 1-6) and pilot-selected? Furthermore, for SEMI and AUTO modes, CMS Aft (in this F16) will only ever dispense chaff, never any flares. But I guess "chaff flare" is an easy generalisation, just that it sounds a bit odd when you know you aren't dispensing both types. Would have been nice to know (like a confirmation) if you are dispensing one (CH) or the other (FL), or both.   

Iirc the “Chaff Flare” Betty sound is just cued by the CMS switch, so if you don’t even have any counter measures it will still say “chaff flare”

ED, do I really need to submit a track replay for this case? If you follow the steps outlined, you can see it for yourself. It's repeatable. Skywalker22 and Furiz had reported the same thing in another thread linked above.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the track for the OP. The track was made today (3 Sep) after latest OB update (2.7.17.29493). The issue is still there. 

F16 ECM XMIT 1-2-1 ECM STBY NO RDR BUG.trk

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

• GrEaSeLiTeNiN changed the title to XMIT1 has no FCR when ECM on STBY (after using XMIT2) - Track Attached