Wing Sweep Help

bnt133

Hello all and happy holidays!

I apologize if this question is hidden somewhere in the depths of the forums but I've done my best to search high and low for an answer and have come up dry. My friends and I have been experiencing this issue for going on a few months now. When extending the wings on the F14, locking the lever down and closing the guard the wings always sweep back to it's furthest position, we have tried utilizing the master reset button and that works maybe 5% of the time. I am almost 99% sure we are screwing something up which is causing this issue and I was hoping someone here would be kind enough to point it out. The reason I say that is because whenever we are in a hot start on an airfield and the wings start swept out we do not run in to this issue however if we use a cold start or hot start on a carrier we run in to this problem. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm, I'm not precisely sure what you're doing, but make sure you're following a good checklist. It should say something like, bring the wings out of oversleep, engage spider detent, match commanded to actual, then master reset, then move. IIRC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Are you putting the wings in Auto? If you look at the wingsweep indicator, does it show you’re in Auto, or is it coming out of Auto unexpectedly, perhaps?

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

1 hour ago, Spiceman said:

Are you putting the wings in Auto? If you look at the wingsweep indicator, does it show you’re in Auto, or is it coming out of Auto unexpectedly, perhaps?

Lol thank you, I knew it was something incredibly stupid. I unmapped the wing sweep modes from my HOTAS a while ago as I thought it was conflicting with something else and that fixed the issue. 

• Like 1