Tanker TACAN not showing range (DCS OB 2.7.9)

Lazerhawk

Hello,

Before yesterday's DCS update tankers were transmitting bearing and range when input in the F/A-18C's TACAN UFC.

Today I noticed that I only get the bearing but no range information.

I know that IRL tankers would only transmit the range via TACAN (but you can activate "BEARING" in the mission editor when the tanker activates the TACAN).

I have tested it with the vanilla mission "Persian Gulf FA-18C Aerial Refueling" and set TACAN to "1X" with the "AA" option enabled.

Is this behavior a bug? Does anyone else notice this?

Best regards and happy holidays!

Edited by Lazerhawk

Helloooo... 'appy 'xmiss... there are some tracks in here...

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Might be correct as is.

On your UFC there is a button called "Emcon". If you press that it means that your plane is not emitting anything anymore (except radar, you have to turn that off seperately).

This means that your tacan goes to Transmit-mode, losing range-information.

Press Emcon again, and see if the range-info returns.

Edited by MarcT-NL

11 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Might be correct as is.

On your UFC there is a button called "Emcon". If you press that it means that your plane is not emitting anything anymore (except radar, you have to turn that off seperately).

Don't think the EMCON button has actually been implemented on the F-18 yet though.  And enough others reporting this issue that I doubt it's EMCON related.

• Like 2

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! 🎅

I tried two separate missions, one was my own.. basic AAR mission & one from Persian Lion Campaign.

Same results.. AA mode TACAN not showing Tanker but when I switched to TR mode & deselected AA the BUG in heading tape did show my Tanker, very strange. Working fine before latest update last night.

Track File attached  

PEACE EVERYONE & HAVE A SAFE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS!  🙏🙂

AA TACAN NO RESPONSE ONLY IN TR.trk

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

asked a tanker pilot buddy of mine and it appears that we should not have both. "

Merry Christmas Eve Sluggo. quick TACAN question when you have time. IRL you can get both range and bearing from the 135 weather or not it is equipped with MPRS? enjoy the holidays brother and keep pumping out those pod casts.

We did not have the transmit/receive TACAN for air refueling in the KC-135 like the KC-10 has! We were getting range only but would have the receiver on the radar so we know position.

Edited by Bones1775
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones1775 said:

asked a tanker pilot buddy of mine and it appears that we should not have both. "

Merry Christmas Eve Sluggo. quick TACAN question when you have time. IRL you can get both range and bearing from the 135 weather or not it is equipped with MPRS? enjoy the holidays brother and keep pumping out those pod casts.

We did not have the transmit/receive TACAN for air refueling in the KC-135 like the KC-10 has! We were getting range only but would have the receiver on the radar so we know position.

Thanks, it's always interesting to get first hand details like this. I also read in IRL you would only get range for A/A TACAN from KC-135 and the bearing is just a setting in the mission editor to make life easier in the game. However at the moment we don't seem to get the range and only the bearing option works in the current open beta which indeed looks like a bug to me.

10 hours ago, Lazerhawk said:

Thanks, it's always interesting to get first hand details like this. I also read in IRL you would only get range for A/A TACAN from KC-135 and the bearing is just a setting in the mission editor to make life easier in the game. However at the moment we don't seem to get the range and only the bearing option works in the current open beta which indeed looks like a bug to me.

Additionally currently if you unchecked range in mission editor and turn a/a off you will pick up full tacan info