VoIP R.1 . . . R.9 Bindings setup, SRS bugs, and standard HOTAS Mic switch

This may not be the place, need to start somewhere.

With the new Voice Chat, VoIP addition, A-10CII mappings for MIC switch are very different.

Also, my MIC switch no longer shows activated in any direction, in cockpit/game no matter how I map my MIC switch on the HOTAS.

Of course, before this drop of DCS 2.7.9.17830 Open Beta, SRS, all my button mappings worked, and my MIC switch showed changes in cockpit/game.

Now nothing works, no matter my settings.

There is an entirely different menu under setup now for VoIP and radios, and the standard HOTAS MIC mapping for A-10CII real, is now qualified as "(call radio menu)" - not just MIC forward/aft/back/down.

None of this is covered in the PDF for VoIP.

I have done a Repair. Very frustrating, cannot comm with teammates in SRS, MIC will not key, etc.

Examples of completely new menus, and no explanation I can find anywhere of how they are supposed to interact or be independent of each other:

Any insight would be greatly appreciated:

New Menu call MIC and VoIP binds . . . they appear to be completely independent of each other

image.png

image.png

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Here is a track file, from a multi-player server.

SRS is running, buttons are mapped, and can be remapped correctly.

I do an autostart, when radios get power, SRS shows in top left corner with frequencies.

I manipulate ALL the switches and hats on the Throttle HOTAS, all switches buttons work except! For MIC switch!

With the (call menus) MIC mappings, they do come up when I move the MIC switch, but the MIC switch does NOT move in game.

CA_Intervorto_v1-20211224-055326.trk

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Another element that is odd. With key bindings mapped under VoIP and A10CII Real, + SRS, when I bring up the SRS overlay, you can see that the radios show no binding (amber light), but SRS is registering the default radio channels above the overlay.

What is really eye catching is if I enable the IFF Transponder, set to Normal, it does register in SRS!

An Export. lua problem?
image.png

One more errata.

Latest Stable on Multiplayer works fine for key bindings and SRS.

Only having issues on latest OB, with the new bindings and multiplayer with MIC switch on HOTAS of Thrustmaster in A-10CII.

Haven't tried A-10C old.

Just did a quick test, seems the bindings used in the new VoiceChat menu are prioritary on every thing else. For exemple, I use the radio switch on my warthog hotas for radio menu in DCS and for the different PTT in SRS. If I bind them to the 4 VoiceChat radios, they won't work for anything else.

• Like 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

57 minutes ago, Zarma said:

Just did a quick test, seems the bindings used in the new VoiceChat menu are prioritary on every thing else. For exemple, I use the radio switch on my warthog hotas for radio menu in DCS and for the different PTT in SRS. If I bind them to the 4 VoiceChat radios, they won't work for anything else.

Yeah, I am getting similar results, but in my bug post, even weirder stuff. No matter how I bind my HOTAS Mic switch now, it never moves in game. All other key and Thrustmaster bindings work stick and throttle. But my MIC switch never moves now. I did a repair, no luck.

27 minutes ago, Zarma said:

Did you unbind in the voicechat menu @SmirkingGerbil??

I may not be following your meaning correctly.

Do you mean uncheck the VoIP chat option under settings?

I have also under keyboard and control settings binding removed all references to PTT VoIP R1., R2. etc.

This morning I did a full repair, moved obsolete files to backup folder, disabled all mods, and even removed all references in my Export.lua to anything (it is empty now).

Still can't get A-10CII HOTAS Thrustmaster MIC switch to work at all. Single player or Multiplayer.

What is really strange, is the F-16C and my F/A-18C comms menus and HOTAS mappings work fine. Only the A-10C has been affected by this OB update.

At my wits end with this problem.

59 minutes ago, Paladin1cd said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Any workaround?

See above. I have done a full repair at this point, removed obsolete files, scrubbed export.lua, disabled all mods. Still broken.

What is really strange is F-16 and F/A-18 work.

This is the fix, found it on Discord server via @Ciribob. My MIC switch still doesn't work in cockpit, but my comms do and that is all that matters!!!

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Paladin1cd said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Any workaround?

See above - "Allow SRS Hotkeys", you should be good.

• Thanks 1