2022 and Beyond Video (Stay on Topic)

Beirut

Happy to hear about Afghanistan and the long awaited F-15E… Video looked pretty, but it honestly means nothing without performance improvements. I didn’t see a single thing on the vid or in the email about performance improvement implementation. Multi-core, nothing. Vulkan, nothing. Further VR integration, nothing.  

I take it those are in 2023? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

7 minutes ago, RenegadeSkip said:

Happy to hear about Afghanistan and the long awaited F-15E… Video looked pretty, but it honestly means nothing without performance improvements. I didn’t see a single thing on the vid or in the email about performance improvement implementation. Multi-core, nothing. Vulkan, nothing. Further VR integration, nothing.  

I take it those are in 2023? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It’s hard to showcase that kind of stuff in a trailer video.

They usually release a new text roadmap a week or two after this video, so watch that space for updates I think.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Sandman1330 said:

It’s hard to showcase that kind of stuff in a trailer video.

They usually release a new text roadmap a week or two after this video, so watch that space for updates I think.

Artistic lettering in a corner that cycles in a stylistic fashion which draws some attention during action shots but doesn't detract from the scene.  They figured out how to tease coordinates for Bagram....

Edited by Thump

Am I the only one who doesn't care about another mostly deserted map coming to DCS World? Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the maps we already have in the game, especially Syria, and the mountains in Afghanistan are probably going to be very beautiful from the air, but I for one would much rather see the Balkans (Former Yugoslavia) or something similar, something with very diverse topology and climate, and a bit sea as well. 

• Like 14

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

before the F14 and the Viggen were out of EA.

There you go then 2024!! 🙂  Somehow Id gotten the impression that there was another, yet unseen, module in the works. 

Merry Christmas

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

37 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Dont think that was any surprise to many. Havent HB already said it will be reeased after anther module?

Can you please clarify the bit that starts with "bold" and end with "A-10" please? 

Not too sure what remains left to be interpreted.  Can you clarify which part of either gripe is unclear?

21 minutes ago, Thump said:

Artistic lettering in a corner that cycles in a stylistic fashion which draws some attention during action shots but doesn't detract from the scene.  They figured out how to tease coordinates for Bagram....

Possibly, but all I’m trying to say is the teaser video is just that - a teaser. They’ll release a much more detailed roadmap in a couple weeks that will provide much more info on the things teased today, and cover things that weren’t (like performance improvements). I am waiting for those improvements as eagerly as anyone else!

For reference, here is last year’s news, released in early January:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254461-official-news-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4532354

Edited by Sandman1330
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about another mostly deserted map coming to DCS World? Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the maps we already have in the game, especially Syria, and the mountains in Afghanistan are probably going to be very beautiful from the air, but I for one would much rather see the Balkans (Former Yugoslavia) or something similar, something with very diverse topology and climate, and a bit sea as well. 

There are certainly maps I would rather see than Afghanistan, but at least it's apt to be very well put together.

But as maps go, the South Atlantic is going to be Da Bomb! 

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dont think youre on your own. It'll be a nice map no doubt though.  Cant help wondering the toll Paris and London will take on fps hopwfully tht some indicator in the confidence ED have of making significant improvments to the core performance. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Just now, Sandman1330 said:

Possibly, but all I’m trying to say is the teaser video is just that - a teaser. They’ll release a much more detailed roadmap in a couple weeks that will provide much more info on the things teased today, and cover things that weren’t (like performance improvements). I am waiting for those improvements as eagerly as anyone else!

For reference, here is last year’s news, release in early January:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254461-official-news-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4532354

A fair point but something that could have been included to increase interest/hype.

Just now, Thump said:

A fair point but something that could have been included to increase interest/hype.

It’ll come 🙂

Just now, Thump said:

Not too sure what remains left to be interpreted.  Can you clarify which part of either gripe is unclear?

What I mean is why does ED irk you by teasing a furture mod and what do you mean by the A10 comment?  

15 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

What I mean is why does ED irk you by teasing a furture mod and what do you mean by the A10 comment?  

To point 1:

It is frustrating to watch them continue to walk the path previously trodden by the Hornet/Viper debacle in 2017/18 (zero lessons learned it seems).  They are continuing to add projects to an already overflowing plate that is now at such an unsustainable rate that their previous year's teaser aircraft has not even been released into EA before the next aircraft is announced (and taking already maxed resources away from any project completion).

To Point 2:

The A-10C II has been relegated in the same fashion that the Hornet, Viper, and Super Carrier have been in the past (there are currently zero devs working on it).  It was released effectively 90% done due to being a derivation of the original A-10C and has yet to be completed.  This speaks to the overall frustration of projects being started but never completed.

Simply put, their current way of doing things is exponentially unsustainable (especially if they are going to continue to pursue modern aircraft like the F-16 which are insanely complicated).  They would be far better served completing what they have and shifting their focus to Gen 3 (Vietnam to Cold War) frames that should in theory be easier to complete as they do not have all of the gizmos and gadgetry of Gen 4 fighters.  Coupling this with desert fatigue, the logical decision would be to go to Korea or Vietnam.  With the teasing of the F-4, I'm hoping this is their future plans but we'll have to see I guess.

Edited by Thump
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just want to use this thread to congratulate ED on this awesome teaser trailer!

Afghanistan (Kabul area if I understand it correctly) is definitely in my top 3 of most wanted map locations.

Thanks again for making our dreams become "virtual" reality! :thumbup:

• Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I can't imagine how much hard work and dedication it takes for these modules, makes, refinements have and will take to release.  Thanks ED and their partners for making it possible for me to do what I could never do in real life.   Hope that 2022 is a great year for ED, and all of personally.    

• Like 3

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

I am very excited for phantom and eagle. 

I don't I will be buying any more maps since they take a lot of space

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1 hour ago, ebabil said:

I am very excited for phantom and eagle. 

I don't I will be buying any more maps since they take a lot of space

Then you need to clear out some other stuff and make room. :happy:

I've got a 1TB NVME bought specifically for DCS. 300GB+ is DCS now, and I have about another 100GB of games on there, which will disappear in a heartbeat to make room for more DCS maps. The South Atlantic map might be a whopper in size.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

All looks lovely and kudos to ED and the 3rd party developers

However I have only 85GB left free on my DCS SSD looks like I will have to clone it onto a bigger SSD this coming year 🙂

81GB after today's update

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I'm wondering, since ED said they are not making F4 or a transport aircraft (the coordinates point to C-130), why are those aircraft teased in beyond video, isn't that video ending supposed to be announcing ED projects?

Who is making those aircraft in the end then?