2022 and Beyond Video (Stay on Topic)

Beirut

That’s a good question. Not sure on the F4, but Deka Ironworks may be doing the Herky Bird based on this comment:

46AE62F6-EC52-465C-8B2A-EADCD8097B13.jpeg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about another mostly deserted map coming to DCS World? Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the maps we already have in the game, especially Syria, and the mountains in Afghanistan are probably going to be very beautiful from the air, but I for one would much rather see the Balkans (Former Yugoslavia) or something similar, something with very diverse topology and climate, and a bit sea as well. 

South East Asia please.

It's getting silly not having a "Vietnam " map with the A6 and F4 in the works. South East Asia would be good for ww2 Pacific too.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, Furiz said:

I'm wondering, since ED said they are not making F4 or a transport aircraft (the coordinates point to C-130), why are those aircraft teased in beyond video, isn't that video ending supposed to be announcing ED projects?

Who is making those aircraft in the end then?

Speculation on my part, nothing to back it up other than convenient coincidence...  I don't think we are getting teased the C-130.  We know the C-130 is coming as a payware module, but I don't think it's an ED module.  The F-4, however, is... and I've long hypothesized how that could be.  It requires some logic following though.

First, we know Heatblur has an unannounced module to be released in 2022 before the A-6E and the EF.  Second, we know Kate from ED has said an F-4 is coming.  We know that BST had art assets, and possibly some programming assets done on the F-4 before the F-4 was shelved.  We also know whatever future model HB is releasing is supposed to be "compatible" with the Forrestal class.

With that in mind, anything Heatblur is going to be releasing next year is going to have to be significantly complete at this point for them to release it.  That means art assets would have to be done (model and textures), systems programming, flight modelling, etc.  Those would have to be done enough to feasibly release a module in 2022.

What my hypothesis is, is that Heatblur and ED are working on the F-4 together.  POSSIBLY HB is working on the F-4N/S while ED is working on an E/G.  They are working on it together, sharing the workload to get it out sooner, rather than later.

• Like 1

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

3 minutes ago, Whiskey11 said:

What my hypothesis is, is that Heatblur and ED are working on the F-4 together.  POSSIBLY HB is working on the F-4N/S while ED is working on an E/G.  They are working on it together, sharing the workload to get it out sooner, rather than later.

This is makes sense. Jester can handle all the radar stuff, and if the two are working on a module together, then we'll get it before the year is out. ED has a good staff of 3D artists, which can keep HB from 'over doing it' in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, HB is a great dev, and I love the Tomcat, but... all... of.... those... livery files....

Impossible to tell from a video, but I really hope some significant improvements are made to AI logic, ATC, & flight/wingman coms. We keep hearing about "constant development", but actual progress on these items is glacially slow. For SP only players, these have a huge impact on the quality of literally everything we do. The cynic in me understands there's no revenue to be made here, but fingers crossed for some nice surprises.

Also interesting there wasn't anything hinting at Supercarrier improvements, even something as simple to show as light wands. Almost seems as though the Supercarrier is dead in the water....

• Like 8

2022 and Beyond video and still no news or even mention of Mi-8 multicrew. It's so important and requires relatively very little time and effort to implement compared to brand new modules and yet it seems as if no one cares. Typical. You have one of the best helicopter simulations ever with the Mi-8 and you ruin the experience by not allowing us a copilot. DCS has now become a NATO and US WWII simulator. Soviets? Chinese? Germans? ED doesn't care.

10 hours ago, Sandman1330 said:

Mitsubishi Zero. AI I assume, probably linked to the WWII version of the Marianas.

A9D41163-CAA3-4BDE-A51F-2098DEBBB288.png

... are you serious?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

... are you serious?

Serious about what? We’ve already identified I was wrong and that’s an FW190.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Grimleo said:

How does the A-6 gunsight compare with the F-4 gunsight? 

That'll be hard to find. While the A-6 ACU could play ball with a Mk.4 pod, they never used them.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

3 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

As it should be.

Inside the game: who do you intend to fly against? If we all switch exclusively to the modern western aircraft (which I do fly as well)? You can already notice that number of flanker players are declining.

IRL: For the last 30 years USA and allies exclusively did fight against weaker and inferior opponents. Do you honestly thing that will always be the case? Why did Canada consider the Super Hornets to be inadequate for the future?

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Inside the game: who do you intend to fly against? If we all switch exclusively to the modern western aircraft (which I do fly as well)? You can already notice that number of flanker players are declining.

IRL: For the last 30 years USA and allies exclusively did fight against weaker and inferior opponents. Do you honestly thing that will always be the case? Why did Canada consider the Super Hornets to be inadequate for the future?

Build Red aircrafts sides has only capable by the available info and the political / institutional aproval, talked by ED many times. Remember them has part of your team work on moscow.

ED has some plans to build red aircrafts as a updated Ka-50 and waiting to a Mig-29, RAZBAM has build a Mig-23, Deka wait to show your new module, and have some teams waiting to turn to 3rd parties and no, no expected a Su-57 or a J-20.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

2022 and Beyond video and still no news or even mention of Mi-8 multicrew. It's so important and requires relatively very little time and effort to implement compared to brand new modules and yet it seems as if no one cares. Typical. You have one of the best helicopter simulations ever with the Mi-8 and you ruin the experience by not allowing us a copilot. DCS has now become a NATO and US WWII simulator. Soviets? Chinese? Germans? ED doesn't care.

... are you serious?

Multicrew never has appears on a 20xx videos as Vulkan, VIOP,  etc. That has features with only appears on develop videos, no on GA Sales, Chrismas, etc. Waiting to ED 2022 and beyond newsletter to see the improving features on old modules with expected implement on the next year.

The Fw-190 with Zero skin has none new, has appear on other GA videos to represent Axis content meanwhile dont build propper assets or modules. ED has plans to build more Germans aircrafts (Me262 and some Battle of Britain axis side). About Soviet, ED has talked with only start to show anithing with move to the East front. Octopus-G and Deka has no show your new module and others 3rd parties has not show any red side module.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Build Red aircrafts sides has only capable by the available info and the political / institutional aproval, talked by ED many times. Remember them has part of your team work on moscow.

I am aware of this limitation, bad sadly found nothing specific to it, where exactly is drawn the red line?

Do you know if this is year based? Or aircraft/version based?

16 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED has some plans to build red aircrafts as a updated Ka-50 and waiting to a Mig-29, RAZBAM has build a Mig-23, Deka wait to show your new module, and have some teams waiting to turn to 3rd parties and no, no expected a Su-57 or a J-20.

Sadly, we did not see any of that in the videos. Even with the already published FC3 modules, they are missing the features that they have IRL. At the same time we witnessed the arrival of feature to certain module, which it never had. (Evaluated != Deployed).

Another issue is the missing maintenance on these modules in this area. E.g. ECM, weaponry, etc.

Therefore I do not not fully agree that the limit is only on the government side.

I am pretty sure this was argued before and it resulted in:

1. either accounts being banned (for less polite and more persistent users)

2. people quietly leaving the DCS World.

Seeing that I do not wish to extend the further arguing anymore, but I do feel they need to consider the whole user base when providing updates.

P.S.: I appreciate the effort you make to inform the community.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I am aware of this limitation, bad sadly found nothing specific to it, where exactly is drawn the red line?

Do you know if this is year based? Or aircraft/version based?

Sadly, we did not see any of that in the videos. Even with the already published FC3 modules, they are missing the features that they have IRL. At the same time we witnessed the arrival of feature to certain module, which it never had. (Evaluated != Deployed).

Another issue is the missing maintenance on these modules in this area. E.g. ECM, weaponry, etc.

Therefore I do not not fully agree that the limit is only on the government side.

I am pretty sure this was argued before and it resulted in:

1. either accounts being banned (for less polite and more persistent users)

2. people quietly leaving the DCS World.

Seeing that I do not wish to extend the further arguing anymore, but I do feel they need to consider the whole user base when providing updates.

P.S.: I appreciate the effort you make to inform the community.

They normaly talked about a 90-2000 red line. GA videos dont show all content, we need wait to the 2022 and beyond newletter to know all 2022 plans.

FC-3 was a module release some years ago with simplified avionics and actually has old. What features has "missing"?. Remember ECM has started to implement now on core and weapons has on continious upgrade.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Silver_Dragon:

Some red planes would be good but apparently we are getting all sorts of other stuff. Personally I would prefer if ED + partners would flesh out their main era with an appropriate amount of planes and a dynamic campaign first before divesting into other eras which feel somewhat unpopulated (Korea and WW2 for the most part). 

At the moment is seems that DCS can do reasonably well in a 1990s scenario but is missing out variety there. For red planes we are mostly limited to Flaming Cliffs and even theses are more 1980s.

I was more hoping for some content for this scenario, such as:

- FF MiG-25PD

- FF MiG-23 (I know in the works but not even mentioned in the trailer so probably far far away)

- plus: another Flaming Cliffs with reasonably up to date Russian aircraft (which won’t come as FF) such as MiG-29SMT, Su-35S and eg. Su-30MKI or so. Maybe even a MiG-21-93/Bison and a MiG-23-98

• Like 2

MiG-25 wouldn't be all that interesting to fly on the maps we have. It didn't even have a gun, just four missiles. All it did was go so fast, it would be out of the map boundary before you know it. On a global map it still wouldn't be too interesting, as it's an interceptor and only that. It can drop dumb bombs, but not very accurately.

16 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

FC-3 was a module release some years ago with simplified avionics and actually has old. What features has "missing"?. Remember ECM has started to implement now on core and weapons has on continious upgrade.

For instance, Flanker ECM pods are underrepresented. Nobody builds something like that just to deny range finding, especially not in asymmetric way.

Also from the point of usability present way of switching the nav points is frustrating on maps featuring lots of airports (e.g. Syria).

There are more issues like IR missiles not tracking in conditions, where they should (e.g. R-73/R-27ET stop tracking dead on rail with no flares being thrown or no visibility lost).

Clearly these modules need more attention from ED even within the bounds inside red line.

Now I understand from commercial point of view: it does not make sense to extend something that was offered initially at lower feature/price range (by this I mean it was bundled, so per module it was way cheaper) to the level of FF model. But what I would expect is to find the way to up-sell these products, off course without totally excluding present user base. E.g. A-10 scenario, or the way F-15C benefited from AIM-120C development.

At the end I think I provided enough feedback on this and would not want to further abduct this topic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Some red planes would be good but apparently we are getting all sorts of other stuff. Personally I would prefer if ED + partners would flesh out their main era with an appropriate amount of planes and a dynamic campaign first before divesting into other eras which feel somewhat unpopulated (Korea and WW2 for the most part). 

At the moment is seems that DCS can do reasonably well in a 1990s scenario but is missing out variety there. For red planes we are mostly limited to Flaming Cliffs and even theses are more 1980s.

I was more hoping for some content for this scenario, such as:

- FF MiG-25PD

- FF MiG-23 (I know in the works but not even mentioned in the trailer so probably far far away)

- plus: another Flaming Cliffs with reasonably up to date Russian aircraft (which won’t come as FF) such as MiG-29SMT, Su-35S and eg. Su-30MKI or so. Maybe even a MiG-21-93/Bison and a MiG-23-98

RAZBAM Mig-23MLA has none a timeline to release yet. Mig-25 has more plausible as 3rd party module. FC-3 has locked and none plans to add new aircrafts. If ED add red modules, has by Hardcore modules, no simplified.

• Like 1