2022 and Beyond Video (Stay on Topic)

Beirut

What would be great is if they would tell us who is making the Phantom and is it Afghan map or C-130, or whatever it is that's coming.

I guess if its a HUD from a plane on Bagram Airfield, only 2 planes that I see there that could have that kind HUD is A6 or A4 if I'm not mistaken, I doubt there would be 2 planes announced at the end of the beyond video.

So if Heatblur is doing A6, then ED could be making A4.

4 minutes ago, Furiz said:

So if Heatblur is doing A6, then ED could be making A4.

You mean F-4?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, Furiz said:

What would be great is if they would tell us who is making the Phantom and is it Afghan map or C-130, or whatever it is that's coming.

C-130 (if that's it) would probably come from the guys who do the C-130 mod, but there's a lot of ground work to do in DCS as far as simulating logistics goes.

But the coordinates for me (assuming North and East), don't point at anything specific, in fact it's the same coordinates that the Bagram airfield wiki page uses, leading me to think that it is for a map and not an aircraft.

Plus, TBS (which can be thought of as DCS for military customers), when it's website was still up, Afghanistan was mentioned IIRC.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, Furiz said:

I guess if its a HUD from a plane on Bagram Airfield, only 2 planes that I see there that could have that kind HUD is A6 or A4 if I'm not mistaken, I doubt there would be 2 planes announced at the end of the beyond video.

The gunsight reticle is definitely from an F-4E, it's completely identical to the gunsight reticle seen in T.O. 1F-4E-34-1-1, I'd post an image but I want to be wary of rule 1.16

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

3 hours ago, ProfessorFATE said:

You mean fitted with:

• 2× 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon
  • 1× 40 mm (1.58 in) L/60 Bofors cannon
  • 1× 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer

as a start would be very entertaining 😉

I'd buy that! :drinks_cheers:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I think there is an AC-130 mod out there.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, ProfessorFATE said:

You mean fitted with:

wouldnt have to worry about logistics either...

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

I think there is an AC-130 mod out there.

Apparently a good one. But I'm a sucker for a payware quality cockpit. We got spoiled with the Tomcat and Harrier interior eye candy and I want the same in a C-130.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

19 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

The gunsight reticle is definitely from an F-4E, it's completely identical to the gunsight reticle seen in T.O. 1F-4E-34-1-1, I'd post an image but I want to be wary of rule 1.16

I'd be willing to bet money on it being an F-4E, as well, but the A-6 did have a gunsight since it could take pods. The problem there is that it never did in operations. I've been trying to find good images of the A-6 sight, but it's proving difficult. Just to eliminate possibilities, even though I'm 99% certain of it.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

vor 6 Stunden schrieb ProfessorFATE:

You mean fitted with:

Also great for left-hand-orbit aficionados. Hours and hours of left-hand orbit fun (at night, too, exclusively) 🙂 

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 2

I just want to see an official A-4 and F-100 and F-104 and F-105 get announced because... along with the A-6, A-7, F-4, F-8, in development and the other already released planes it'll mean that they'll start running out of American aircraft and have to give us a Mig-27 or Su-17 by 2030. 🙂 

• Like 6

What are you most looking forward too?

The Apache will most likely come soon, so I'm not that excited by that. It comes soon enough. 

But for the other stuff, that we don't know when will line. The South Atlantic is the biggest for me. Partly because I feel it's not that far off,  but we don't know when it will come. It seems closer that the Normandy expansion. And it looks fantastic, and will be a great analogue for other places in the world. 

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

ETA for Apache is late January.

2020?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• Gunfreak changed the title to Of the stuff shown in the 2022 and beyond

In order from most excited to least:

1. F-4E
  2. A-6E
  3. Dynamic weather + new atmospheric effects (namely fog and rainbows).
  4. South Atlantic
  5. Afghanistan
  6. F-15E
  7. AH-64D

I would mention the technicals, but only so long as we get multiple variants (as right now we've only seen 2(?)), something like this would be fantastic. Same with LPWS [Centurion C-RAM], but the naval Phalanx hasn't fired its correct round, nor has had the right dispersion in ages.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In the video South Atlantic map and dynamic weather.
But I really don't care for anything shown in it. Have preordered the Apache of course, and will probably take it up for a spin.
As for next year I look forward to, hopefully:
AI improvements, multiple
New improved ATC
multicore/Vulkan

In no particular order:
A-7 Corsair
F4U Corsair
F-8 Crusader
MB-339
Mirage F1
Kiowa

I will buy anything that's released though.
And I really hope will get confirmation of what's been teased.
And some good news about Mig-29 and more non-western modules.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1