NEW DCS SOVIET AIRCRAFT from 2022 Trailer... MiG-27???

CommandT

I think he was trying to focus on American Phantoms... only problem is that he threw the K in there which was Royal Navy.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

On 12/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, Gunfreak said:

Because we have  MiG19, Mig21, and the Huey. We have the A4 mod, and soon A6 and F4.

MiG-21Bis we have is more capable than those served in Vietnam war (though some may argue it's also somewhat less agile, which I'm not sure if I agree). A-6 and A-7 we are getting will almost certainly be post Vietnam too, with much better capabilities than those in Vietnam. I would hope, same goes for the F-4. Later 70s and 80s is a great period for DCS and it is getting filled up. Even MiG-19 and UH-1 aren't quite the right versions but they are close enough to roleplay Vietnam era birds I guess. For the rest, you'll need to wait for Leatherneck's F-8 which seems to be quite a bit in the future from now, and hope Red Star Simulations can really pull it off with their MiG-17 and become a new DCS dev.

F-4 really isn't just about Vietnam, and it doesn't need to be either. Like others have said F-4E has a long and rich history worldwide. It still serves in Greek and Turkish air forces, albeit in heavily upgraded forms. But mostly standard F-4Es still served up until some years ago. Iran still operates F-4Es too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

4 hours ago, WinterH said:

MiG-21Bis we have is more capable than those served in Vietnam war (though some may argue it's also somewhat less agile, which I'm not sure if I agree). A-6 and A-7 we are getting will almost certainly be post Vietnam too, with much better capabilities than those in Vietnam. I would hope, same goes for the F-4. Later 70s and 80s is a great period for DCS and it is getting filled up. Even MiG-19 and UH-1 aren't quite the right versions but they are close enough to roleplay Vietnam era birds I guess. For the rest, you'll need to wait for Leatherneck's F-8 which seems to be quite a bit in the future from now, and hope Red Star Simulations can really pull it off with their MiG-17 and become a new DCS dev.

F-4 really isn't just about Vietnam, and it doesn't need to be either. Like others have said F-4E has a long and rich history worldwide. It still serves in Greek and Turkish air forces, albeit in heavily upgraded forms. But mostly standard F-4Es still served up until some years ago. Iran still operates F-4Es too.

We fly 1942 missions and campaigns with late 1944 109s. We fly 1980s F16 missions with a 2007 F16. We are never gonna get all perfect matches. Weapons can be restricted and it will be close enough. 

The F4 dropping Napalm is THE iconic view of the F4. 

But when you have like 10 planes that almost matches. It would be stupid not to have a map to match. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Iconic to you, not to others. Even other Americans. For an airframe as successful and widely exported as the F-4, that's extremely hard to pin down.

Though, I think UH-1H's did see service in 'nam?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!