No communication with Wingman, ATC, AWACS etc..

Gregkar

After the last update i have no comms with any AI, i can see the a/c is transmitting, the request is being executed (f.x. the ground crew successfully places the wheel chocks) but i can't hear my pilot's voice, or the reply by the AI and i also don't get the subtitles on the upper left corner.

Is this happening only to me?

• Like 1

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone. I also have the same problem for the F-16 (for now, I'll try other planes later). The communications menu no longer opens with the "\" key (nor with any other assigned key). Still, it's possible to communicate using key combinations. Frankly, I prefer the menu because I don't want to remember all the key combinations for the many commands available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, Flappie said:

Great. 😀

I am having the same issues with the radio feed back since the last update. Whenever I use the intercomm menu or the PTT and then go through the F key options I do not get any response either by voice or text. This is happening with my wingmen, the ATC, AWACS and ground crew. 

This problem seems to be specific to the open beta and the MiG-21. I tested the F-16 and it works fine, even on the open beta. In the MiG-21 when I went back to the stable version it was fine, but then back to open beta same issue.

• Happens in single player ED created missions and multiplayer servers
  • Freq has been verified (it is highlighted in white as well, checked multiple presets) 
  • SRS comms still works as normal, I checked with Enigmas cold war server with the AI AWACS and it was fine. 
  • I checked the integrity of files through steam and it was normal 
  • Audio input/output is still set to my valve index, tried it on a normal headset and the issue is still there.
  • The ground crew still carry out the rearm but remain silent 
  • My pilot still talks and sends messages 

DCS log.txt dcs.log

Same prob with the MiG-21 AND Viggen.

I tested comms with ATC and with the Perform command > Transmit message THEN AI task push in the triggers

comms with ground crew work with the MiG-21. Did not test with the viggen.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

En 26/3/2022 a las 15:13, MAXsenna dijo:

Yeah, I've got issues in the MiG-21 as well, but not in the F-5.

Yep you're right, F5 works. Thanks for you input. 

I haven't had time to check all modules but I find this issue in:

Mig

Saab

Dora 

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Disregard the error on the P-51D; the VHF Volume needs to be set to a maximum to hear ATC and wingmen for the P-51D.

• Thanks 1

Win 11 64, 2 Computers: i7-13700K 64GB, RTX 4090OC 24GB VRAM (primary sim PC) & i9-13950HX 32GB, RTX  4090 12GB VRAM (work & mobile sim laptop), VR: Meta Quest Pro & Quest 3

had the issue twice yesterday with the A10CII. Mid mission the comms stopped working correctly:

- I could hear the AI make calls of position or potting reports

- I could pop the menu and select options

But

- my pilot never sent the message I have selected in the menu

- I never got any responses

Also prior to the full issue, AI messages audio became truncated. I still had the subtitles but no more audio after 2 or 3 words.

From me I only receive the answers as text, as audio I only hear the voice of the pilot that is mine.
Sometimes the voice of pilots from other groups can be heard reaching the waypoint but the control tower has lost its voice.

Edited by oreste

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

• 2 months later...

I see this behaviour as well with the Fw 190D and M2000 modules. Communications with wingman, AWACs, ATC and IR-missile tones were affected. For me it occurred when I generated an SP mission and started this from the ME. Restarting the ED simulation didn't help. But when I restart the whole PC, it did. The error occurred in both modes, MT and ST.