Sharing best pratices (Hotas configuration)

Leviathan667

Hi all,

I' propose this topic to share our HOTAS configuration for the Viggen it may help us better fine tune.

I use a Warthog HOTAS.

For the throttle:

Deadzone = 0;

Saturation X = 100; Y -= 100;

Curvature = -22

Deadzone 0
Saturation X 100
Saturation Y 100
Curvature -22

- I use an alternate three step detent - each step is corresponding to reheat level 1 through 3.

- Also, since the 2.7.9 update (dec. 23rd 2021) sthing has changed in the engine power output in relation to the throttle. E.g. taxi power is much slower. 

For the joystick:  

For roll and pitch

Deadzone 0
Saturation X 100
Saturation Y 100
Curvature 20

For the rudder: I use the MFG crosswind.

Deadzone 5
Saturation X 100
Saturation Y 100
Curvature 30

The Viggen rudder is very sensitive,hence the curvature set to 30 and the deadzone set to 5.

I am wondering: does anyone use the 'User curve' feature? If so, what are the values you're using? 

And does anyone use values other than 100 when it comes to saturation ?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

4 hours ago, Leviathan667 said:

I am wondering: does anyone use the 'User curve' feature? If so, what are the values you're using? 

I once used a user curve for the F-16 throttle.  Before I knew about the afterburner detent keybind, I had a large flat zone at MIL power.  Haven't found any need for that with the Viggen.

I also use a huge deadzone, like size 40, for the radar elevation axis, since I don't have a central bump on my axis.  It allows me to put the axis anywhere near center and get a center elevation.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."