new sonic boom is pathetic

Jeeve79

I think this must be a bug because it sounds horrible and the sonic boom was epic and spot on imo.
I hear them now and again from F-16 and it was very realistic, as far as you possibly can with speakers or headphones without destroying your eardrums or speakers. It's the same bug for all jets going supersonic.

I hope I am not the only one hearing this.
Please bring back the real sonic boom guys. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Jeeve79

Sounds fine to me.  What exactly is wrong with it and makes it pathetic specifically?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• ED Team
12 hours ago, Jeeve79 said:

I think this must be a bug because it sounds horrible and the sonic boom was epic and spot on imo.
I hear them now and again from F-16 and it was very realistic, as far as you possibly can with speakers or headphones without destroying your eardrums or speakers. It's the same bug for all jets going supersonic.

I hope I am not the only one hearing this.
Please bring back the real sonic boom guys. Thanks a lot.

What sound mods do you use?

Please attach the video with your horrible sonic boom sound. I draw your attention to the fact that now different sounds are heard at different distances. So maybe the problem at the specific distance, please be more precise

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• ED Team

P.S.:

although as I see, not all "sonic boom" revisions were merged in the update. Maybe that is the reason. 

Let me show you what it should be. If it is not so, then please be patient and wait for updates

P.S.2: Unfortunately not this year. The next update will contain only critical fixes. Sorry

• Like 3

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

I personally think the sounds btd posted above sound fantastic, I've never heard a real sonic boom but above sounds a lot closer to what's heard in videos.

The only thing I think could be improved is the sonic boom sound for projectiles, though that's something separate.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Further out sounds is great indeed, I agree. But the close f3 flyby used to have serious bass and that double beat to it. Not just loud jet noises that pop in suddenly.

Hard to explain a sound, specially when it's gone. normal f3 flyby sounded way better imo. Bass boom is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Normal F3 flyby used to be  KNETS-BOOOM  (Ka+Boom(mega-bass))  followed by jet exhaust rumble.

It just not that impressive any more, the double beat and also bass is completely gone.

I can not believe no one is hearing the difference, seems very odd to me. I did not change audio devices or drivers, and checked other peoples stream and asked to go supersonic and listen in F3 flyby. It is just not the same any more, 100 percent sure of this.

PS: Distant booms from ground spectator sound good and are a nice addition imo.

210 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction

at home it's the same the sonic bang does not work well I hear that we boom crushed by the sound of the engine it makes a quincophony unpleasant, it looks like everything except what we hear in the video🤪

On 1/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, Flappie said:

BTD posted a video of current sonic boom, above. Is that what you're hearing ingame or not?

That is what I am hearing yes. The very first flyby, it is totally lacking bass. That is not how it used to be.
All the distant stuff sounds good btw. I know for a fact, that there is always lots of bass in real life, no matter how far away you are.
Bass is an understatement actually, a high pressure shockwave feels like the windows are about to explode and walls shake.

Feels like, the further away, the more bass it has. So that sounds great.
I'd vote for adding bass to a camera that is closeby is all I am saying.

• 2 weeks later...

I much prefer the double boom that came with the 2.7.9.17830 update.

The current sonic boom sounds smooth and blended but its only a single boom which is ok but we have lost the double boom that sounded beautiful especially at a distance.

I want it back. ☹️

Growling Sidewinder documented the double boom nicely in his Audio Update video.

https://youtu.be/vWggV3kWr-w

Edited by swartbyron

I'm on about the default stock sound with no mods. I've yet to find a mod that had a typical double boom and was very pleased when it came with the stock sounds of the 2.7.9 update at the end of last year but sadly removed in a following update.

“All aircraft generate two cones, at the nose and at the tail. They are usually of similar strength and the time interval between the two as they reach the ground is primarily dependent on the size of the aircraft and its altitude.”

A quick comparison video just to show what I'm talking about. . .

Love the previous double sonic boom. 😍

If it's the stock dcs then I'm like you I don't have it anymore.
we would have to see so that you can return to version 19473 recover the sonic boom file copy it and reload version 2.7.10 I think there is only this way. sorry that I cannot help you;
good flight

6 hours ago, PLUTON said:

If it's the stock dcs then I'm like you I don't have it anymore.
we would have to see so that you can return to version 19473 recover the sonic boom file copy it and reload version 2.7.10 I think there is only this way. sorry that I cannot help you;
good flight

I have both versions, that's how I made the comparison video above.

All DCS sound files have been locked away for a while now.  You can only replace them with your own. 

Thanks for your help 👍

Edited by swartbyron