Markpoint via HMCS in NAV master mode

twillis

Hi, 

I was having trouble capturing a markpoint through the HMCS in NAV master mode. Not sure if this is a thing and wanted to check if there's a bug here or it's working as intended. Here's what I was doing,

1. Jet in NAV master mode.
  2. DMS UP to make HUD SOI
  3. ICP 7 to select markpoint DED, DED shows HUD as source, HUD shows circle+dot cue as expected.
  4. TMS UP (long) to transfer markpoint cue from HUD to HMCS

At this point, I do not see the cue on the HMCS at all if I am looking outside the cockpit. If I move my LOS back into the cockpit and look through the HUD though I see the circle+dot cue follow my LOS around the HUD (that is, I can slew it with my head within the HUD). Also, prior to transferring the cue (step 4), I don't see the circle+X symbology in the HMCS indicating the current markpoint cue is out of HMCS FOV.

It does seem like I can capture a markpoint where the HMCS bore cross is when looking outside the cockpit though. If I TMS UP (short) twice I do see the DED coordinates update and setting that as the current steer point, I can see the steer point diamond in the HUD or HMCS roughly where I was looking.

It seems like this is a bug since it's partially working, but I'm not sure if this is the way it is supposed to work. If it's a bug, I can post a track or whatever if necessary.

Thanks,

tw

"Raven" | 667th Black Knights / 51st VFW