Still HSI (gyro) is not possible to rotate and VR center position moved while moving Landing Gear.

Japo32

@BIGNEWYwhen you can... please report that the gyro knob rotation is stil not functional in new update. Was broken in previous one. There was not fix on it in this update.

And now we have another issue. In VR if you lower the landing gears, then your head position will raise, and when raise the landing gears, the head position will go down. Thanks.

Edited by Japo32

• 9 months later...

I realize this has been previously reported, but that was a year ago. I notice in the change log this aircraft hasn't received an update in at least a year... year and a half if you don't count the single sound update.

Has this aircraft been abandoned? I'm not much of a complainer and realize DCS is an enthusiast platform that you must take with a grain of salt for some items, but IMO the directional gyro's ability to rotate it is part of the flight mechanics. Makes it much more difficult to navigate without being able to center a current heading.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Not sure if that would help, but I was able to create two bindings for pushbutton commands that rotate the knob and the dial with the needle CW and CCW respectively.

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, Flappie said:

New modules have a higher priority over old ones.

I hope one day ED abandons this practice. If they are selling the product it is new. If I buy it now it will be the newest module for me. I hope they start seeing the big picture too.

Anyway thanks for bumping it Flappie. I'm craving to buy the Sabre but those bugs I read and bitter taste of F-5 keeps me away from it. Still watching the bug reports. It is such a legendary airframe. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Flappie: We have hundreds of issues of this kind across the modules, and for most of them people including myself, have posted easy fixes done with a bit of LUA editing. Why can't people like you come up with a simple process for adopting these fixes into the stock LUA files?
It's no issue for me, I help myself. But the majority of users seems to shy away from LUA editing and so it remains an open sore.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi @LeCuvier. I understand your frustration and I share it. I'm a tester, not a dev. I have no access to source code/Lua repo. To each their duty.

Can you please share your fix? I'll add it to the report. It might help.

I understand you are not a developer, but I suppose an organization like ED has a "suggestions" process.

Here are the two lines of code to be added to "default.lua", for use with a pair of pushbuttons or an up/down toggle switch:

{pressed = gyromagcompass_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_Heading_Correction, cockpit_device_id = devices.GYROMAG_COMPASS, value_pressed = 0.005, name = _('Gyro Compass Correction CW for Pushbutton') , category = {_('Instrument Panel')}}, -- for pushbutton
{pressed = gyromagcompass_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_Heading_Correction, cockpit_device_id = devices.GYROMAG_COMPASS, value_pressed = -0.005, name = _('Gyro Compass Correction CCW for Pushbutton') , category = {_('Instrument Panel')}}, -- for pushbutton

For a rotary encoder, you need much higher "value_pressed", like this:

{pressed = gyromagcompass_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_Heading_Correction, cockpit_device_id = devices.GYROMAG_COMPASS, value_pressed = 0.03, name = _('Gyro Compass Correction CW for Rotary Encoder') , category = {_('Instrument Panel')}}, --for rotary encoder
{pressed = gyromagcompass_commands.F86_CockpitDeviceCommand_Heading_Correction, cockpit_device_id = devices.GYROMAG_COMPASS, value_pressed = -0.03, name = _('Gyro Compass Correction CCW for Rotary Encoder') , category = {_('Instrument Panel')}}, --for rotary encoder

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Thanks. I've just found this error in the log: "ERROR   COCKPITBASE (Main): Cockpit: Clickable - Wrong connector name Directional_Indicator". I edited the report.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@LeCuvier I've just found the cause of the bug! To fix it, edit ".\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua", line 854, and replace  "Directional_Indicator" with "DIRECTIONAL_INDICATOR". I sent the solution to devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Flappie: We are actually talking about two issues:
Changing the Elements reference in "clickabledata.lua" to all uppercase allows you to rotate the button in the cockpit with he mouse.
The additions to "default.lua" which I posted above provide key bindings so you can operate the knob from a game controller (or the keyboard if you add the lines to the "default.lua" under "...\keyboard").
For full desirable functionality you need both.

LeCuvier

I got you. I thought you were suggesting this as a workaround. I'll request these bindings as well.

Hence the "suggestion" process. We have one, yes. We call those "requests" (different from reports).

EDIT: the commands exist already and they do work:

commands.png

Edited by Flappie

• 1 month later...