Soo what plans after the I-16?

carss

• 1 month later...

Can we get some early war fighters also?  The Lagg3 was solid.  I would love a lend-lease Airacobra but of course Octopus prefers Russian.  There was massive combat in the Caucasus region in 1943.  Over the Kuban Bridgehead, Soviet 4th Air Army employed 1000 aircraft.  Normal order of battle for the Luftwaffe was 300, but at times it imported aircraft from other regions to match the Soviets with 1000 planes of their own.  We have the map!  We just need the planes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by dfpoor
Typo
  • Like 2

F16/FA18/A10C2/M2000C/AV8B/F15E/A4E/P47/P51/MIG21/AH64/MI24P/KA50

The P39 my not be Russian but they received 5000 and most Russian aces got kills flying the type. Some squadrons preferred the P39 to home grown late war Yaks and Lavochkins and were flying the type in 1945 ( and maybe the P63…)

DCS P39 would be interesting, I always enjoyed flying it in IL2.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

If I let DCS speak English, they will come to think I am a light-headed idiot who is on a roll, so I want the Russian plane to do well.

------------------------------

Oh, this is a secret, okay?

I was on a template mission in the Persian Gulf, doing a power reconnaissance aboard an Iranian MiG-21 and feeling the tension, and the control was in English.

Edited by JAPman

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

• 4 weeks later...

While the I-16 has been released as a final stable version, I wonder if at some point we'll get a version armed with cannons. The current version with its 7.62mm MGs is simply not competitive against any opponents - you run out of bullets before you can bring down a single Bf-109 (and I'm pretty good at aiming with the I-16). IRL, the cannon versions of the I-16 were available early on - as early as type-6 if I'm not mistaken and certainly by type-10. I don't know which type our DCS I-16 is modeled after, but it looks like a type-18, which definitely had a pair of cannon in the fuselage. I hope this is something that the developers will look into eventually (though I'm hoping to hear some news about the La-7 first...).

On 8/16/2022 at 7:30 AM, Doc3908 said:

While the I-16 has been released as a final stable version, I wonder if at some point we'll get a version armed with cannons. The current version with its 7.62mm MGs is simply not competitive against any opponents - you run out of bullets before you can bring down a single Bf-109 (and I'm pretty good at aiming with the I-16). IRL, the cannon versions of the I-16 were available early on - as early as type-6 if I'm not mistaken and certainly by type-10. I don't know which type our DCS I-16 is modeled after, but it looks like a type-18, which definitely had a pair of cannon in the fuselage. I hope this is something that the developers will look into eventually (though I'm hoping to hear some news about the La-7 first...).

I don't really know why the I-16 is in DCS. I hope they do eventually update the I-16 with cannon option but, even if they don't maybe I'll fly it in Kola. Not sure since even then there isn't anything to fight in it. No Bf-109E and no Finnish Buffalo. As for the La-7 no one knows where it will be. Only news about it was on their own website. It might go towards a late eastern-front theatre in another game or to DCS to be used on Caucasus? It might just be an AI fighter for DCS.

Edited by Baltic Dude

• 4 weeks later...