Black screen (Half) and screen flicking after update

_UnknownCheater_

What I did try to fix this:

1.Removed everything in savedgame folder.

2.Runned a slowly fix with updater.

3.Clean install Nvidia driver without any nvidia configrations.

4.DX cache clean.

5.Reinstall DCS with Mi24P only.

Finally,Don't make me reinstall the garbage Windows ok?My PC:Win10 Lastest + 5800x+64g RAM + rtx3090 + SSD +2K monitor(Only one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)+ No VR

Pic and log below:

unknown.png

unknown.png

dcs.log

Edited by zhouyut001
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

2 hours ago, rforce said:

Hallo 

perhaps looks like this

Try Switch off the mirrors 

hope ist helps

Thx

Edited by zhouyut001
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

On 12/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, rforce said:

Hallo 

perhaps looks like this

Try Switch off the mirrors 

hope ist helps

nope does nothing, im thinking its got something to do with props or rotors, as it mostly happens with the warbirds and choppers for me and so far in channel map still trying the others to see if i can replicate it.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

me too. I have it in my Hind only on a specific server and only when i am close to my base. When it happens i lean forward and its gone.

it looks like its only right in front of my eyes and i can stick my face through it to make it disappear

AMD Ryzen 7 / 3800X 8-Core  /  Nvidia 4080Super / RAM: 64 GB

3440 x 1440   / trackIR 5 / hp reverb G2

VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Throttle / vkb-Gladiator NXT premium Stick

Is everyone running game in Full Screen mode or no?............  I am not, I alt/tab out to look at TARGET Script and my Joy2Key settings when I'm setting up a new bird of doing final tweaks on it. I figured that was the reason for the black squares I was seeing, like ghosts of the Script window or the J2K window flashing through.  Glad it's just not me..

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

WTF!  I thought this was just me!

Keeps happening when flying the Mi-24, sometimes part of the screen, sometimes all of it.  The black will flicker on and off.  What's odd is I can still hit escape and go to the menu, but the cockpit and the game world remain black until the flicker stops.

I am using full windowed mode.

• ED Team

fix patch is live please try and feedback here, thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

The black flicker still happens even with "just headtracking", no matter if DCS is running windowed, windowed fullscreen or fullscreen.
There seems to be some bugtrigger identifyable as well as a rather clear bug behaviour:

• The bug seems to be altitude related (happens mostly at the when the map seemlingly state-switches into its last ground-LOD)
  • The bug always occurs on "the left eye" (no matter if in VR or screen headtracking), the size of the black flicker may vary from a square to half a screen to (almost) full screen, but it has always its source on the "left side"
  • Turning the view vector "to the right" (turning head right) makes the flicker disappear while zeroing the view vector (looking forward) makes it reappear, turning "to the left" (turning head left) intensifies the flicker
  • going to higher altitude (into a different LOD state of the map) seems to make the flicker disappear completely
  • the flicker seems to appear if there are more scenery buildings present in the view cone and of a certain generation,. Example, bug  less likely in/over Caucasus cities, higher occurence in/over Persian Gulf cities but not/less likely/lower occurence in/over Syria cities (Marianas not enough flighttime to be able to indicate any possible corelation)

As the Mi-24 module is the latest module operating at these low altitudes and has a far more contemporary standard than fe the Gazelle, Hip, Huey the bug might not actually be completely module-insular but maybe expose an issue in a different part of the DCS product.
Thus debugging effort might want to look into the combination Hind/PG (occurence not related to high polygon Dubai buildings but random cities with low polgyoncount buildings) as a trigger scenario to create logs.

There is also imo nothing that could be done "playerside" to "fix" anything - refering to the OP of this thread or solutions that do minmize occurence in perception like this one:

Edited by rogorogo
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...