[REPORTED] TPod SPI (T0) position shifts during plane pitch change.

Aernov

In TPod HOTAS mode I have created T0 on the target vehicle (TPod designation + WInc long). Then I pitched the plane down until velocity vector (or probably TPod boresight axis) crossed the imaginary line from TPod to target, and Litening camera head did a 360 rotation, during which the tracked point/area shifted continuously and stabilized on the new location slightly away from the initial designation (or quite far away if the altitude is low and distance to designation is high, or if mountains are in the way). And because T0 updates automatically after the first WInc long with TPod designation, I had no way to easily return the TPod to previous designated point.

AV-8B TPod T0 shift.trk

Also, in multiplayer on Syria map I have encountered a continuous TPod designation drift while doing a 360 turn to re-attack after the first LMAV launch. Turn was made at <1000 Ft, with no more than 2 G, and when I rolled out hot on target, I found my T0 who knows where, but not where I have left it before the turn. Also, during the next turn I observed a constant designation coordinates change on TPod page during the turn. I was unable to reproduce it on Persian gulf in singleplayer, so no track file.

• Like 2

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] TPod SPI (T0) position shifts during plane pitch change.
  • 1 month later...

Is this fixed or near to being fixed? I can't do basic TPOD based strikes 50% of the time for this reason, usually in mountainous terrain. When i extend after designating a target the usual way, and then upon running in, the target point has moved to some random point elswhere. Many frustrating flights have been had...

Edited by Jaguar 1-1 - Ant
more info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completely agree with this video. After a 360 turn, it is almost impossible to repeat the attack of the target in the same place. TPOD breaks the aiming point. There is only one option: to assign a markpoint. But with minimal maneuvering, the aiming point still breaks down! You have to constantly press DESG.
Do you understand that this is a critical error for this aircraft? It becomes unsuitable for assault and maneuvering at low altitudes. That is, it is currently unsuitable for its intended purpose!

• Like 1